• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Logos?

Started by Coddfish, April 04, 2007, 12:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coddfish

So I was playing around with ye olde photoshoppe today:

I don't really like the first one. I think the second one came out well, though.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

yea the second one is decent. but the 'm' looks a bit isolated
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Personally I like greeny colours, but I also know that I'm like the only person who does (part of why I really should change the main page theme).

I like the text being integrated into the Z in the second one, and the more serious tone of the second (I think most of the graphics I've come up with are too light hearted). I also like the colour gradient + outline (reminds me a bit of the style of KoFXI which I think looks really smart). I'm just not sure about the... disjointed N and M (although without them it wouldn't really be much of a logo, just text?).

Nice work, and thanks for putting the effort in! Maybe I should make a contest to design the logo or something... :)

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

fluxcore

Quote from: ILL_BILL on April 04, 2007, 09:25:21 AM
yea the second one is decent. but the 'm' looks a bit isolated

Perhaps if the M were flipped around so it slopes down at the end would look better?

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Coddfish

It should be easy to modify. The disjointed letters and isolated M were just quirks of the font I use, and I do have a decent selection of sci-fi-esque fonts like that.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

i actually tried flipping it myself in photoshop. it de-isolates it (its a word now bitches) but it doesnt look quite right.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Coddfish

fluxcore

The 'm' looks almost like a dude facing downwards... and I can just *see* a stick and buttons under his hands... :D

--flux

samurai black

that new logo is quite sexy  ;D

Coddfish

Quote from: fluxcore on April 11, 2007, 08:15:04 AM
The 'm' looks almost like a dude facing downwards... and I can just *see* a stick and buttons under his hands... :D

--flux

I was actually thinking about trying to include a stick in there somehow... But when i tried it I realized just how horribly I fail at vector drawing.

fluxcore

It would probably be too cluttered with stick and buttons, but the idea is nice :D That it makes me think of that is good in the first place... so far the logo is still looking good (I like to give things a while - opinions often change after some time)... nice work!

--flux

fluxcore

Okay, coddfish... can you give me a bigass version of the logo? 300 dpi or so, to make for nice printage... and ye olde psd format so I can take the necessary layers and stuff...

Cheers,
--flux

Coddfish

Yeah, will do.

I don't really like the stretched Z anymore though, hmm. I actually thought of that when I was doing it, and tried to sort of seperate the Z from the line. Not completely, but have the Z and a line, both with rounded ends overlapping. It didn't really work out though, so I left it.

fluxcore

I see what you mean... however if it were split it would be difficult to fit all the text in...

--flux

CptMunta

Quote from: Coddfish on April 11, 2007, 01:06:46 AM

Better, I reckon.

Ooooo that looks tasty. I'd only try making the writing inside the logo Itallic just so it doesn't look so static. But as is. Very nice stuff
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta