• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Any religious folk in here?

Started by Hydro, December 04, 2009, 04:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydro

Purely for my own amusement, I wondered if any of our community identify with one (or more) particular religious groups/beliefs

Personally I had considered myself a staunch agnostic for a few years now, but Atheism has certainly begun taking my interest lately.

What about you folk? tis the season afterall (apparently)   

stereomonkey

Nah, I don't have the time to waste on fairy tales that don't involve a control pad or stick.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

CrazyMobius

I used to be mildly not but now I am swaying towards heavily not.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

The Church of BIRRY WONG is always interested in new members.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Hydro

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yup. I pray to the liquor god. And sacrifice brain cells for the spoils.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Hydro

Quote from: weazzyefff on December 04, 2009, 04:30:40 PM
Yup. I pray to the liquor god. And sacrifice brain cells for the spoils.

^^^ ex Jehovah's witness obv.

electric

I don't have any beliefs personally, but a lot of my good friends are Christian

For curiosities sake, was this topic launched with the "How to spot a cult" inside New Zealand episodes in the back of your mind ? hahaha
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Hydro

Quote from: electric on December 04, 2009, 04:44:08 PM

For curiosities sake, was this topic launched with the "How to spot a cult" inside New Zealand episodes in the back of your mind ? hahaha

Nah it was more like some musings on writing I did today to do with the "Origins of the Christmas tree". Funnily enough much like everything else accepted by religious folk nowadays (Wedding rings/Easter eggs & bunny), very non-religious origins.

Lol, all those Christian men wouldn't have to worry about wedding rings anymore if they just did a little research on the origins (*ahem* in a nutshell: Pagan), they'll save a goddamn fortune lol.

geneterror

I'm an Agnostic, lapsed Satanist. For reals.
KOW 2011

Hydro

Quote from: geneterror on December 04, 2009, 04:52:41 PM

Some of the nicest people I've met have been Satanists. Frankly Graeme, I'm not really surprised, you're really a big softy afterall :D

samurai black

apparently i come from a family of mormons.

i blaspheme too much, so im not very religous.

fluxcore

Quote from: hydrokinesis on December 04, 2009, 04:55:06 PM

Some of the nicest people I've met have been Satanists. Frankly Graeme, I'm not really surprised, you're really a big softy afterall :D

I was just going to say something very similar...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

geneterror

Quote from: hydrokinesis on December 04, 2009, 04:55:06 PM

Well as I'm sure you know, Satanists don't actually believe in some cartoon ideal of Satan created by Christians.

Eye for an eye. I really am a giant softy, I see no point in trying to be hard I left that shit behind a long time ago, but in line with true Satanist ideals fuck with me or mine and I'll fuck you back twice as hard :)
KOW 2011