• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Any religious folk in here?

Started by Hydro, December 04, 2009, 04:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

Religion is the cause of, and the reason for most if not all the pain in the modern world.

The Bible, The Quran, and every other holy book ever made talk of hate and killing each other in them somewhere.

I believe in spirituality, and I can certainly accept that there maybe more out there than we know.  But to accept the teachings, and follow an instruction set given to us thousands of years ago with blind devotion is retarded in my opinion.

I been brought up on and around the marae mostly, and my tribe and stuff still believe heavily in tapu and makutu stuff, so Ive kinda been brought up around that. 

I dunno, people should be able to believe what they want.  Faith is a good thing.  Faith helps people when they have nothing left, and faith can get people through trying times.  Its just a pity that some cant see the difference between faith and blind faith.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

samurai black

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on December 05, 2009, 09:41:03 AM
lol richard that pic is so awesome lol

hardout. got me humming the theme song  ;D

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: The Lenny on December 05, 2009, 10:24:53 AM
Its just a pity that some cant see the difference between faith and blind faith.
The New Generation Clockw0rk

CrazyMobius

One thing I never understood is why every god seems to have a sex or at least a gender. I mean they have no need or even use for a sex.

Hydro

Quote from: CrazyMobius on December 05, 2009, 11:33:28 AM
One thing I never understood is why every god seems to have a sex or at least a gender. I mean they have no need or even use for a sex.

Just goes to show that when they made them up they really didn't think things like that through properly.

You and I both know we would have needed to playtest (ie: Power fantasy) that shit first right? :D

fluxcore

As far as spirituality goes, I'm pretty much a materialist/nihilist, so don't believe in non-physical phenomena like the afterlife and stuff like that. I don't need some carrot & stick afterlife shit to keep me on the straight and narrow, which is basically the only reason I think people came up with it in the first place. And I suppose to lessen the impact of the death of loved-ones.

In life however I guess I believe parts of Buddhism are generally reasonably sound, but I don't really see the point in prescribing myself to any particular 'religion'. Roll your own imo. As Lenny said, organised religions tend to breed hate and war.

And no, just because I think existence is generally meaningless doesn't mean I think we are free to be dicks to one another.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

massi4h

B BOY DRAW2

I'm not a religious guy...but very interested in religion!
I think it's a good idea if taken in the right perspective. I mean...my family were all raised Catholic...except for me...the only child in my family not baptised. My 2 best friends growing up are Mormon and Hovas.

But one of my best friends who is of the Christian faith has summed up the purpose of religion to the best understanding that I can accept.

"Religion is a guide to help you understand having faith in something to keep your mind on the positive"
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Half my family's christian, my Grandpa's a pastor. I got brought up around it, dont buy it, thats it.

edit: Come to think about it , I think they're Catholics , cant remember.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] weazzyefff

LOL. What.....a......wank.

Gotta catchem all, gotta catchem all.

Mewtwo,Gyarados, suck on my black hose.

Gotta catchem all, gotta catchem all.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

massi4h

I guess I worship arceus then. Awesome video stu.

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness