• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Tekken 6 Mokujin Only Tournament 19/12 TZ Queen st

Started by Neal, December 12, 2009, 03:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neal

Hey guys

Is anyone keen for a MOKUJIN ONLY TOURNAMENT at Timezone Queen st on the 19th Dec?

Free entry
Double Elmination Format (but dependant on the number of entrants we may do a round robin)

Prizes (in Timezone credit)
1st 80$
2nd 50$
3rd 30$

This tourney should be pretty chilled and it'd be awesome to see some new faces. 3 of the top players are overseas atm so it's anybodys game. And of course the only character allowed Mokujin, so there are definately going to be some suprises and upsets.

PM me if you wanna sign up or go into the store and put your name on the list

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

fluxcore

Cheers for the heads up man, I'll put it into the events calendar. What's the start time?

I can only play one char in tekken though so Mokujin doesn't really appeal to me much, sorry :)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Neal

Should kick off around 1pm. We need more entries! Get your skates on!

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Man I wonder how this turned out. And I wish there ws a mokujin in sf4, i'd own in that tourny.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

fluxcore

Well, the problem is that mokujin basically makes it the opposite of a tournament for average people. Only the top players that have dedicated themselves to the game know all the chars!

I think the hamilton one had 4 entrants? Gino to confirm
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Neal

We had 10 entrants I think, so it wasn't bad considering. Yeah playing Mokujin means you have to have a pretty good understanding of the game, but the flip-side is that you learn faster. Plus the random element made the comp really exciting, especially when two players were evenly matched.

The results were (if anybody knows these guys)

1st Zarzob
2nd Kim Tae Young
3rd Bufu

fluxcore

Yeah, I think anyone that knows the tekken scene at all knows zarzob :)

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Rorooze

did zarzob used to play quake 3 hardcore? or is this someone else with the same alias?