• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

NZism MvC2 12/12/09

Started by fluxcore, December 13, 2009, 10:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABC_SMN

Good Game guys...
:D
We should have another one in March.
Gonna be more fun with more people.
also..
The Recording.. is.... so.... d..n. Funny....
Can anyone Fix it plz....

zos'la

Quote from: ABC_SMN on December 14, 2009, 11:16:21 AM
Good Game guys...
:D
We should have another one in March.
Gonna be more fun with more people.
also..
The Recording.. is.... so.... d..n. Funny....
Can anyone Fix it plz....

Simon, you buy me dinner!!! ifs teh rules after you win cash prize!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

JoeKage

Marvel Xmas and Congrats to all. Im in next time dammit  ;) (depends on what day and the work) but keen jellybean 8)

Happy 2010  ;D ;D

PS - GunSmoke when is a good time fo me to pick up the convertor bro? HOLA atcha boy.

ITS MAHVEL BAYBEE
Sage of the 6 Paths

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

samurai black

hey gino, any chance of the other vids being put up? i wanna watch my games against dave again, so i can relieve that moment when i failed to kill him and die a little more inside.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: samurai black on December 21, 2009, 11:06:12 AM
hey gino, any chance of the other vids being put up? i wanna watch my games against dave again, so i can relieve that moment when i failed to kill him and die a little more inside.

;D 8) 8) ;D
The New Generation Clockw0rk

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

The New Generation Clockw0rk

massi4h

And the one of me BEATING birry wong with the very team he tells me to get rid of :P

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: massi4h on January 12, 2010, 11:56:29 PM
And the one of me BEATING birry wong with the very team he tells me to get rid of :P

Haha. That shit still cracks me up. Muck around in round 2. Turn to custard in round 3. Lolfail. I shouldve just played properly in the second round. 

But I stand by my opinion of that team. It would be a different Story if akuma was your point character, but if you're just using him as an assist then you might as well use psylocke.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

Yeah but akuma is cooler than psylocke. And his assist gives me plenty of time to react/mixup. And I still can use him as a decent point character anyway. I've beaten high tier team's last 2 and a half characters with only akuma left. And I beat Hue before at Yifans with a 2v1 vs my akuma. And my akuma is still shit. But when I learn the infinite on cable and sent it'd be much better.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

samurai black

akuma is awesome cause he has a 5 hit dive kick in marvel. give him that ssf4

akuma may be cooler, but pyslocke is hot as :P

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: massi4h on January 13, 2010, 02:47:30 PM
Yeah but akuma is cooler than psylocke. And his assist gives me plenty of time to react/mixup. And I still can use him as a decent point character anyway. I've beaten high tier team's last 2 and a half characters with only akuma left. And I beat Hue before at Yifans with a 2v1 vs my akuma. And my akuma is still shit. But when I learn the infinite on cable and sent it'd be much better.

I totally agree. And Hue only really knows how to fight conventional marvel shit. And even then i dont think Hue has played marvel in like, over a year.

Im not arguing his effectiveness as an assist. It just, i dunno, doesnt feel right to me with that assist on the end of that team. I think its because when i see akuma, i reckon he should be played on point, and have the rest built around him. Not relegated to an assist, and then a cross-fingers-hope-for-a-comeback character. His assist is good, but not good enough to merit him being in that position.

Its not the character. Its how youre using him that bothers me. But meh. Im sure theres some asshole out there that thinks the same of tron/psylocke. So whatever. Do what you like. I still stand by what im saying though.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

I was pretty surprised to see how long akuma's assist keeps hitting them for tbh, can definitely see the usefulness of that!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Aww dude its not even close to being a BAD assist. Its awesome. I dunno. Something about him being used as an assist alongside mags and storm doesnt sit right with me. I cant tell you exactly what it is, because i dont know.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.