• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

DOA4 at Xlan (christ almighty...)

Started by Wugga, April 15, 2007, 02:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Quote from: Wugga on May 04, 2007, 09:22:45 PM
Couldn't we do 3 on 3 if we three went?

Gino? You available/interested in paying 75 bucks or whatever to go up & face no competition? :D

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Wugga

If you guys are actually interested, I'd spend some time in the Xlan forums talking shit to the PC people and such to try and rouse some competitive spirit out of them, no doubt there'll be the odd person who considers themselves decent at fighting game X or Y, then we can battle for the honour of Htown. :P
Mashing all the wrong buttons since 1981

Gino

Quote from: fluxcore on May 04, 2007, 11:24:01 PM
Quote from: Wugga on May 04, 2007, 09:22:45 PM
Couldn't we do 3 on 3 if we three went?

Gino? You available/interested in paying 75 bucks or whatever to go up & face no competition? :D

--flux

Well, apart from the $75 doller mark I'm keen.
But I will see. What is the exact date?

fluxcore

6th to 8th July. I don't know when specifically the console day is, or anything at all about the console bit actually (the xlan website seems to have an aversion to console things)

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Gino

Actualy i really want to play umk3 now. I have visions of Lui Kang corner combos.
Videos

fluxcore

I've just been encoding the dvd of vids we made, actually. Lots of missed opportunities, looks a bit scrubby, but there are some good matches - not surprising considering how little practice we get. They'll go up on youtube sometime this week hopefully.

Remember the Xbox360 version of UMK3 doesn't allow button remapping... (HOW could they not put that in?!?!)

--flux

Gino

I think you should bring your laptop, unless people have a problem with that.
Is there a ps2/xbox umk3 version? Because we have no way of using our arcade sticks with 360. Which will make it rather anoying for us.

fluxcore

If I'm paying $75 I should be able to bring whatever the fuck I want, really.

I think there was a version released for PS2 on the Mortal Kombat Armageddon extra expensive bundle, but from what I heard from the guys at ultimatemk.com, it wasn't good. Don't think there is one for xbox.

--flux

Gino

Quote from: fluxcore on May 07, 2007, 09:37:35 PM
If I'm paying $75 I should be able to bring whatever the fuck I want, really.

lol. The price is kinda putting me off. Depends if I have enough save for my trip to usa or not.

Wugga

I'll get onto the organisers about the issue of bringing non-xbox consoles - given that they're after their sponsorship, I don't think it's terribly likely, but you can't be sure, especially with how slack MS is being with getting back to them. At any rate, you guys could really do me a favour by signing up for the event, then register for the DOA tournament - if you decide not to go, you don't need to deregister or anything, just don't go through with paying (though if you do want to go and participate in DOA4, you'll have to pay by June 6). A show of contemplatory support is never a bad thing.

Gino

Sorry dude. I need money for usa so I won't be able to go.

fluxcore

Yeah, it really depends on what we're allowed to bring/do. If I'm stuck only playing DOA I probably won't bother - since I've never played 4...

--flux

Wugga

Quote from: glisignoli on May 11, 2007, 10:49:08 AM
Sorry dude. I need money for usa so I won't be able to go.
Going to Evo?  :D

Gino

Shit, I am in the usa for the finals but not near LA. If there isn't anything happening then I might be able to go.

Wugga

Ask for a wildcard to represent for NZ.  :)