• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Street Fighter IV

Started by redtie, January 23, 2010, 02:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redtie

Supness

Randomly went into Colombo street Timezone after uni a few weeks ago to play some CVS2 and suprise suprise there's a SF4 cabinet there right beside it. I asked one of the guys there and he reckons its been there for a few weeks now. I'm pretty sure its the PC version since its got all the home release characters.

Over the last two weeks I've been popping in around lunch on Wednesdays and Fridays but haven't seen any decent players on the machine yet.

Fuck Tekken! Play Street Fighter!

I'll be there most Wednesdays and Fridays, someone? anyone? mum?

Does this forum even get read?
'Last post September 2009'<< gtfo

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Last post September 2009?

Wtf? This shit gets read every day.

Dont know how many people we have from Christchurch though.

But thats actually quite interesting that theyre using a PC version? Is it coin-op with the arcade options? (Arcade Mode/beginner mode/trial mode)

If thats the case id be pretty interested as to how theyre running that shit.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

redtie

Naww I ment this CHCH section of the forum had its last post in Sep 2009.

Its not coin-op, Its using that timezone card swiper. I THINK they've fitted a PC into the cabinet and the game is running off that.

Things I noticed:

All console realease characters are available

You can't skip pre-match character intro (I haven't played the arcade version so maybe this is standard) I'm guessing that the start button is disabled so you can't pause the game maybe ahduno

You can only play 1 player on the left side.

Infinite time to pick character

When you beat seth it displays credits then 'Now Saving' pops up. After that you see the game reset into the Game menu i.e Arcade mode, Versus Mode, Trial mode, Online etc.

At this point controls are disabled and it automatically picks arcade mode, 5 rounds

Then loops the intro until you put credits in

CptMunta

What the hell?

For seriousness? I can play Street Fighter 4 at my local?

I can play my main Rose?

There's some else on this forum from Christchurch.

Someone else from Christchurch plays Street Fighter 4?

Bro we catch for some casuals regardless.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

CrazyMobius

I'll be down in Christchurch in two weeks. Is that place the arcade by the big square?

Can someone confirm this is there? I may pop in for some ChCh SF madness.

CptMunta

Quote from: CrazyMobius on January 23, 2010, 05:43:18 PM
I'll be down in Christchurch in two weeks. Is that place the arcade by the big square?

Can someone confirm this is there? I may pop in for some ChCh SF madness.

^ PMed you bro. Having a mashup at my bro's on the 13th of Feb if your round. Redtie PM me your cell and we can get some games in at the arcade.

redtie

@CptMunta

Pm'd you bro, hopefully I did it right haha

Casuals sounds mean! We should try convert some Tekken players over. That machines always got players.

Gino

Orochi mentioned this in the chat a while back but I forgot about it. Seems like a rather interesting method of having sf4 with the console character in an arcade.

CptMunta

Gave it a whirl yesterday goodtimes  ;D
Definitely a hacked PC version. They've even hacked some of the text in game so it says "Insert coin and press start" The game blackscreens and leaps past the menu screens to the select screen, doesn't even take the time to say "game over".

Looks alot like a modded tekken 6 cab even has slots for card readers. Seems to be decked out with Sanwa sticks but could be just knockoffs.

Love the dodgy cabinet artwork and the engrish on the controls.

It is great to have SF4 in the local arcade, even if Super ends up makes it a bit redundant. Cool to know we have the best "arcade" version of Street Fighter IV with all the console characters and stages. Well until the hackers put out Street Fighter IV Black Belt edition.  ;)

stereomonkey

Hahaha, what an awesome idea.  Glad to hear that there is a sort of arcade machine there.  At least folks that dont already have it can get into it now ;)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Neal

I was in CHCH for 2 weeks and had a jam on it. I'm pretty crap so i just ended up going back to Tekken lol. Apparently most of the Timezone stores are going to get it, but hopefully that doesn't give the TZ management an excuse to delay releasing SSF4.

If Queen st in Auckland has it then I'll start learning.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

LOL, thats a mean idea. They need a console squashed in there, cos no SSF4 pc release. Then they just need to hire Lenny to stand there and kick them off lol.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

fluxcore

Yeah, timing is a bit shit to start flooding arcades with sf4 tbh... but hey, arcades haven't really been in touch with reality for a decade now.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CptMunta

Quote from: fluxcore on January 26, 2010, 07:46:53 AM
Yeah, timing is a bit shit to start flooding arcades with sf4 tbh... but hey, arcades haven't really been in touch with reality for a decade now.

Yeah that's sadly true. Tekken 6 is still the main game and no one comes near it so it's pretty hard to build a player base when the game is year old. Console release and all.

redtie

@CptMunta

GGs bro! That was awesome had a lot of fun playing yah and learning new shit.

Was a good day up until my phone got stolen sigh.. When I get a new number I'll send it through. Contact me on here if you need too