• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

SFAC Stick on TradeMe

Started by Coddfish, April 16, 2007, 05:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coddfish

If anyone's interested, there's an SFAC PS2 arcade stick on trademe:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Gaming/Playstation-2/Controllers/auction-95615619.htm

Not the greatest stick in the world, but it has a nice box and is apparently very easy to mod with sanwas/happs.

CptMunta

I just recently build my own stick which is giving me a bit of grief but plays almost everything ok.

It's only $51 at the moment which is a bargain considering they retail here at around $120

The thing I don't like so much is the american dildo style sticks. I'm was more into the Aussie MAS stick style. Unfortunately the only way to get anything like remotely like a Kiwi arcade machine setup is to build your own. :(

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

fluxcore

What exactly do you mean by kiwi style? I'm thinking horrible MCA rubber sticks and disgustingly stiff clicky concave buttons...

I bought Happs parts (what I believe you're calling the dildo) a few years back and hate the stick now... so big and clunky. Much more happy with my new Seimitsus.

I think one of the best things about these sticks is the encoder in them.. it can be so hard finding decent encoders to hack for sticks! I have no idea what I can do if I ever get a 360 or PS3... the stupid analogness of the new console's buttons really screws sticks up.

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Coddfish

What do you mean about the PS3/X360's analogueness? PS2 controllers also had analog buttons, but they manage to make PS1 controllers work fine on that. Heck, you can even used a PS2 controller on a PS1.

fluxcore

Well, for example the only hack I've seen for a 360 controller involves opto-isolators for each contact - which is a bit more hardcore than just soldering to two solder pads on a PS2. Hell, on certain revisions of the PS2 pad you don't even need to solder, you can just wedge wires into a ribbon connector slot.

Also complicating the issue is that the ps3 controller has no less than 4 separate grounds - two is annoying enough to deal with when you're trying to make multi system sticks.

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness