• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Cloud LAN 01 - AH Pro Circuit NZ Stop 1

Started by Midnite, January 31, 2010, 11:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

$50 is a fair bit cheaper than the XLan fee, and the prizes aren't worthless games (and a medal with "street fighter 5" on them). Plus the whole console division isn't just a tacked on extra with very little thought. It's entirely likely the people running the tournaments might actually care/know who should be playing, as well!

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

But don't forget what the best thing about xLan was... the THREE fucking long days of (as smoof said) mashing out games and hanging out.  Even jamming all night long playing Dan mirror battles (not me but some damager guys did).

With each day being 12hours and looking like just the games that are there it doesn't seem as enticing as xLan was.  Don't get me wrong, the tournament side of xLan was shocking but still at least it was great to have a venue for such a long time.

Still, in the end I think this would be a neat event.  Wish I could come too :(
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Skullator

Yea true Stereo, hows this venue compare space wise?
Worth us bringing setups so we can jam out all weekend?

fluxcore

NZism is supporting this event, and I really think it's the best tournament we are going to get prize-wise, so you guys should really get into it.

Also, until RvB is up and running again this is probably going to be the ONLY open tournament we are going to get for quite a few months. The regular training sessions NZism were having is untenable at the moment due to lack of venue, so we're relying on the gatherings at people's houses for the meantime.

Also consider this will in all likelihood be the LAST tournament for SF4! Winning will crown you as champion of all time :)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

You could try Giga for Venue while RvB is moving, I'm sure they can give you some good deals like what RVB has been doing. dunno just my thought.

I just hope RvB dont move to botany or North shore.... it will be LAME getting there -.-
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

stereomonkey

Would be extra sweet if we can bring our own setups and blast away.  Hmmmmmmmmmm... should I or should I not stay for it.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmm  ::)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

fluxcore

Desh was mentioning Howick last I talked to him.

GIGA is ok I guess, but you can't really cram the same number of setups (or people) in there very easily for training...

fluxcore

Quote from: stereomonkey on February 02, 2010, 02:00:18 PM
Would be extra sweet if we can bring our own setups and blast away.  Hmmmmmmmmmm... should I or should I not stay for it.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmm  ::)

Well, it's BYOC so I guess that's a yes?

Is there any parking available around there? Seems like a bit of a drive from Hamilton :/ Anyone live up that area?

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Not for sf4/T6. Just need a 360 stick.

Midnite said we could use his. And i know you guys would share.

Quote from: fluxcore on February 02, 2010, 01:50:32 PM
Also consider this will in all likelihood be the LAST tournament for SF4! Winning will crown you as champion of all time :)
You made that sound AWESOMEE!!!!
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

zos'la

Quote from: fluxcore on February 02, 2010, 02:01:07 PM
Desh was mentioning Howick last I talked to him.

GIGA is ok I guess, but you can't really cram the same number of setups (or people) in there very easily for training...
Its a lot more spacious than you think and lots of seats. Though it does lack consoles, we can run max 4 machines including a projector. I guess its good for smaller sessions :D
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

this tourny is in albany and its 9am to 9pm for the three days so you cant stay the night like x-lan .

So Id have to drive from pukekohe to albany everyday plus the entry fee counts me out .
Good luck to you guys who enter and take vids !!!!!!!
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Gino

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Im sure the street fighter portion isn't 4 days worth. And the $50 is pretty steep, but if we get enough people it will be worth it i reckon. Some of you probably dont feel the same way though.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Oh rats i thought it was overnighters.

Chip ins for a dirty hotel would be cheap as.  And we could have games there.