• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Looking for a stick with PS1/2 and 360 compatibility

Started by DangerMouse, February 05, 2010, 02:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

I might be able to do something for parts of all three... :)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Getting stoned, having sex with graham, and then having him draw a picture of it? Maybe thats your cup of tea but im gonna have to pass.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

DangerMouse

After reading some of the threads on SRK it seems very complicated but I'm willing to give the MC Cthulhu and Imp dual pcb mod on the TE stick a try as it seems the most cost effective way other than a straight up PS2 stick, but I hate the art on that one on trademe. Is HRAP art very difficult to change?

Also, would getting a Mayflash stick and taking the pcb from that be easier than installing the MC cthulhu + Imp? I like the idea of the rj45 jack and that part seems easy enough, but ps2 is the only essential one.

fluxcore

The mayflash ps3/ps2 stick? Theoretically should work, you just want to be bloody careful about the two USB plugs AND the ps2 plug out the back. Plugging multiple things in at once would probably cause some serious problems. Plus it's a bit unwieldy :/

As for hrap art mod... http://jonvandalen.com/newblog/2009/03/08/download-template-for-hrap-joysticks/

Pretty sure you can get lexan/plexi for the hori too, to protect the art & make swapping it a little easier. A few people here have HRAPs, and I think did art mods, would be good to hear from them.

Lennysaurus

Dont quote me on it, but if I remember correctly the PS3/PC/PS2 Mayflash PCBs dont work with alot of converters.  I seem to recall Ben trying it with my GC converter and it not working.

Might wanna ask around SRK and see wassup.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

DangerMouse

Ok thanks, looks like MC chtulhu is definitely the best way to go then if starting with a 360 stick as opposed to a ps2 one, although it will be more expensive than using a ps1 pcb at least there are clear instructions on SRK for me to follow. Cheers guys.

massi4h

Good man James. Gonna come back to sf4 soon please?