• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

AUS:NSW / EVO APAC 2010 / Australian Qualifier!

Started by EXC355UM, February 07, 2010, 01:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gankatron

Quote from: zosla on May 31, 2010, 11:51:38 PM
its all mind games, Daigo is good at that sort of thing. simple word, out classed.
The closest person in NZ to HB wold be Kevin, which makes many of us even further away for Daigo's lvl.
Much to learn ladies.

Cmon bro that aint cool, let us not get too ahead ourselves. We did well in OZ yes but im still the same Fong prior to going so im hoping your the same as well, obviously not with an awesome name like that but yeah  :-*

[CYS] hebretto

Hey guys good to know you all landed safely back in Auckland. It was nice to meet some of you. I was looking for you guys after the teams to go out but I figured you guys bailed for some rest ... missed out on some loltastic stream there hahaha. Hope you guys enjoyed the experience and learned a thing or two ;)

I took some photos with the NZ boys but have to concentrate on the match footage right now more than anything else sorry. As some maybe have already noticed the WF LF and GF of EVO APAC itself are now up at www.youtube.com/ozhadou pay attention to it over the coming weeks for rest of pools / EVO APAC / Daigo matches.

Be sure to look out for the APAC contingent going to Evo (myself, humanbomb, kientan and Daigo hahaha).

Looking forward to meeting other NZ players in August for nationals!

PS zosla those girls = my cousins hahahaha
CYS CEO aka Former TEAM AV CEO aka herbretto aka berbeto aka HAMAGER

Licensed to roll cancel since the age of 16.

www.ozhadou.net

fluxcore

Holy jesus, yeah that GF match really showcases Daigo's skill.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

DVS

Shot guys, repping NZism hard.....I look forward to more stories and viewing some more vids...I might of heard the stream was laggy as fuck towards the end so most of us missed the last few bouts....

Respect guys, well done.  ;)
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

zos'la

Quote from: hebretto on June 01, 2010, 01:02:08 AM
Hey guys good to know you all landed safely back in Auckland. It was nice to meet some of you. I was looking for you guys after the teams to go out but I figured you guys bailed for some rest ... missed out on some loltastic stream there hahaha. Hope you guys enjoyed the experience and learned a thing or two ;)

I took some photos with the NZ boys but have to concentrate on the match footage right now more than anything else sorry. As some maybe have already noticed the WF LF and GF of EVO APAC itself are now up at www.youtube.com/ozhadou pay attention to it over the coming weeks for rest of pools / EVO APAC / Daigo matches.

Be sure to look out for the APAC contingent going to Evo (myself, humanbomb, kientan and Daigo hahaha).

Looking forward to meeting other NZ players in August for nationals!

PS zosla those girls = my cousins hahahaha

Thanks Yang, you guys did a well done job for all this!!! best organized tournament ever :)
Diu I should of asked you to hook me up :P aiya ding!!!
j/ks :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[CYS] hebretto

So there might be a possible NINE people going to evo representing APAC now hahahaha

Anyways some more videos up on www.youtube.com/ozhadou ... I think there's like 3 matches featuring Fong and Andy ... I'm going to upload more matches tonight with them in it as well along with Jack
CYS CEO aka Former TEAM AV CEO aka herbretto aka berbeto aka HAMAGER

Licensed to roll cancel since the age of 16.

www.ozhadou.net

zos'la

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

EXC355UM

Finished the report. Pics, results and links to videos included.
Video interview with Daigo coming soon.

Here it is for those of you who are interested.
Shadowloo EVO APAC Report/Results  :)

------------------

GG again NZ, was a pleasure to meet you guys, really nice people and top players. I don't think anyone will over look NZ anymore.
Keep up the awesome work and hopefully we can catch up at OHN and BAM.  ;D

CoffinDrop1

Wow only just read through this thread now and gots to say a HUGE and very much BELATED congrats to Fong, Andy and Jack! Looking at the results report you guys were awesome - what a great experience and way to rep NZ! Well done guys!

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

xpunch

some cool notes from the article..

- Jaunty was not too happy after losing to two Boxers, one being Pyro and the other being Gankatron

Gamago had a great run and looked at making finals before also losing to the two boxers who took out Jaunty.

Pyro was half asleep by the time he was up against Gankatron and just missed out in an ulgy Boxer v Boxer match. NO ONE likes mirror matches. =P

Gankatron making New Zealand proud by being the first NZ player to qualify for the finals on Sunday.

Pool B
1. bbbenson (NSW)
1. Gankatron (NZ)
3. PyroZeroX (VIC)
4. Gamogo (NSW)
5. jaunty (NSW)
5. Static (NSW)

Pool D
1. zosla (NZ)
1. wizbore (NSW)
3. William (VIC)
4. Afterdeath (NSW)
5. Beefu Goodness (ACT)
5. Skitzer (NSW)

3 Ryu players from 3 different regions placed in the top 3. Zosla from NZ, Wizbore from NSW and William from VIC. Zosla and Wizbore both beat Will to take him out of the tournament. Will could have beaten Wizbore but messed up twice in the final round. Check out the video when it’s up.

Zosla was the second NZ player to make it to the finals on Sunday, making it 3 NZ players in the finals. (JackSmash qualified in NZ). Great stuff for the NZ scene. He had Ibuki stick, but only played Ryu, what is this!? =P..... lol

Kietan says bring it on….

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
…. so Jacksmash does, and takes out the favourite.

Team NZ: They would have done NZ proud with their awesome performance. Though Cactus would have been pretty happy to be able to say “I OCV’d NZ”. Hope NZ come to BAM for some revenge! =D

1. Daigo Umehara (JPN)
2. Humanbomb (NSW)
3. ToXY (VIC)
4. naruga (VIC)
5. robsux (NSW)
5. wizbore (NSW)
7. dk (NSW)
7. Gankatron (NZ)
9. bbbenson (NSW)
9. Combomaniac (SA)
9. JackSmash (NZ)
9. Ricky (WA)
13. Ero_Oyaji (VIC)
13. kientan (NSW)
13. TannedTitties (QLD)
13. zosla (NZ)

Good stuff boys, made NZ proud its also good to hear that many top Aus players kinda cracked under all the pressure and ened up not placing at all. Good on yous all for staying cool and calm. Awesome bois just awesome

EXC355UM

[8-----D] Toots

Fuck Fong you can't go around trying to step to everyone

EXC355UM

It's true Fong started about 14 fights. I gave up trying to stop them after the 7th.  :P