• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

AUS:NSW / EVO APAC 2010 / Australian Qualifier!

Started by EXC355UM, February 07, 2010, 01:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EXC355UM

Some huge news for Asia Pacific SF fans.

Short version - There will be qualifiers held in Sydney for SSFIV and the winner gets a spot at Evo in Las Vegas!

Just posting here in case some NZ fighters want to give it a go.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Awesome man , sounds good ! Whos keen ?!!!!!!
Be good to book soon for tickets to get them cheap for the weekend
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

EXC355UM

Glad to hear we might see some NZ fighters enter too. The site didn't mention anything about it being open to AUS residents only, so I would assume it's ok for NZ people to participate too like they have at OHN.

I'll ask them at OzHadou though, just to be sure.  :)

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: EXC355UM on February 07, 2010, 02:19:57 AM
Glad to hear we might see some NZ fighters enter too. The site didn't mention anything about it being open to AUS residents only, so I would assume it's ok for NZ people to participate too like they have at OHN.

I'll ask them at OzHadou though, just to be sure.  :)
ok dude , do let us know :)

CHeers
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

geneterror

Fuck yeah! I'm keen even if we can't actually enter. I'm sure there'll be heaps of casusals and good vices to be had.
I'm gonna tell (and by tell I mean ask) the mrs today. 8)

KOW 2011

fluxcore

Uh, there has actually been planning for a proper NZ portion of this event for a couple of months now, with the winner of our leg getting a spot in sydney for the finals.

I suppose people that don't win are free to fly over to sydney to try and go through the normal quals as well though.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: fluxcore on February 07, 2010, 08:43:05 AM
Uh, there has actually been planning for a proper NZ portion of this event for a couple of months now, with the winner of our leg getting a spot in sydney for the finals.

I suppose people that don't win are free to fly over to sydney to try and go through the normal quals as well though.
Sorry then secret mastermind.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Skullator

Yea I might go if other NZism are going and we book the same hotel or some shit haha

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Skullator on February 07, 2010, 12:50:25 PM
Yea I might go if other NZism are going and we book the same hotel or some shit haha

Ooooh bro. Someone bring their xbox. Sydney hotel training sessions ON.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

EXC355UM

Quote from: fluxcore on February 07, 2010, 08:43:05 AM

Ah nice, that's awesome then.
Hope to see a lot of you there.  :)

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Whoa!! I just noticed you only get a couple weeks to train.

I'd be keen to fly over, it would be a good experience. But i'd better start saving like as we speak, like i'm already wasting time, shit.

edit: My maths has failed me again. I mean 1 month AND 2 weeks to train.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

zos'la

I'm sure I posted more details with this.. hmm got deleted after forum was restored I guess.
This is somehting for the more none casuals to look into I guess as the cost is quiet high, but it is open to those that wish to just join the hype.
Hope many of you start planning for this :) as if we want a chance against players such as HB or ToXy then it will cost you many sweats and blood.

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

You mean the info that you posted that was exactly what is linked to in the first post?
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

Quote from: zosla on February 09, 2010, 07:59:50 AM
Hope many of you start planning for this :) as if we want a chance against players such as HB or ToXy then it will cost you many sweats and blood.

First you need to plan the expenses of the travel, accommodation and transport before you think seriously about training.  Are you going over to enter this Andy?
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"