• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Death of the SF4 monster mash ????!!!!!!

Started by [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja, February 16, 2010, 06:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

well im not surprised James.

If you sit there and mash the stick into the corner and mash punch you get a dp lol.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

electric

Make sure you've got input display turned on Bill and give it another shot - It'd be very interesting to know if different moves had different shortcut "properties", but I'm on the fence with that

Alls I know is I thought df,df P worked for Abels falling sky until I tried it for 5 minutes with display turned on and realised you actually needed the down input as well
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Hydro

Quote from: electric on February 17, 2010, 10:01:46 AM
Make sure you've got input display turned on Bill and give it another shot - It'd be very interesting to know if different moves had different shortcut "properties", but I'm on the fence with that

Alls I know is I thought df,df P worked for Abels falling sky until I tried it for 5 minutes with display turned on and realised you actually needed the down input as well

this.

I always train with display on anyways ;)

Rorooze

yeah it has to be DF, D, DF.

If you try to do DF DF on a stick you'll inadvertently hit the 'down' microswitch before you hit the 'forward' one and it'll register a D before the DF.

electric

Quote from: hydrokinesis on February 17, 2010, 10:15:01 AM
this.

I always train with display on anyways ;)

Really ? Man, I could see that getting WAYYYYY too intense... especially with Viper hahaha - on another note, I may have to get some Viper mirrors in against you some time Hydro... Just to see where my scrub Viper stands against the big boys haha
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Barnstorm

the main problem i have and im sure others is block + f,d,df,f,d,df...etc mash punch
gives an easy reversal dp

and with the combo system of tight links your bound to get tagged by a dp eventually
and tightening the time of it so you cant just mash would be nice but it would scare away the newer players

sf already has hard enough controls for a new person

Hydro

Quote from: electric on February 17, 2010, 10:21:37 AM
Really ? Man, I could see that getting WAYYYYY too intense... especially with Viper hahaha - on another note, I may have to get some Viper mirrors in against you some time Hydro... Just to see where my scrub Viper stands against the big boys haha

Yeah yeah for sure Eru bro.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Rorooze on February 17, 2010, 10:19:55 AM
yeah it has to be DF, D, DF.

If you try to do DF DF on a stick you'll inadvertently hit the 'down' microswitch before you hit the 'forward' one and it'll register a D before the DF.

Oh good. I thought i was just retarded. This puts my mind at ease.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

oh, I tried doing DF DF in yifans and I got DP.... -.-
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CrazyMobius

ugh...man this is the tedious side to Street Fighter...

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Same thing i did andy. Youre only moving the stick twice (ie, df df) but youre actually hitting the down microswitch first. So what youre ACTUALLY inputting as far as the game is concerned is d, df, d, df.

It may as well be a df df shortcut, because thats all the player is essentially doing, but technically it isnt.

Learn something new everyday.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

maelgrim

That's interesting, when I first got SF4 (PS3) i could definitely DP by just df, df
but wasn't natural to me so I never really used it

Wonder if it got removed in a patch ?
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

maelgrim

yeah that does makes sense
would be good if Capcom gave you the option to disable
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?