• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Death of the SF4 monster mash ????!!!!!!

Started by [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja, February 16, 2010, 06:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

From the latest sf4 blog

Q: Please get rid of the shortcuts. Please.
A: I believe the shortcuts have their pros and cons, and with that in mind they are still in the game. However, I will say that we are reconsidering the shoryuken as well as other moves.

Super sf4 may be quite a different game to sf4 with the tweaks im starting to read about .
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Skullator

CrazyMobius

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on February 16, 2010, 06:13:58 PM
From the latest sf4 blog

A: I believe the shortcuts have their pros and cons, and with that in mind they are still in the game. However, I will say that we are reconsidering the shoryuken as well as other moves.

Super sf4 may be quite a different game to sf4 with the tweaks im starting to read about .

Do you have a link bro? Sounds interesting.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

part 1
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/feb/12/partial-translation-latest-ssf4-blog-new-images/

part2
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/feb/15/part-2-shiozawas-japanes-ssf4-blog-q/

hinting that evil ryu might be in the game as a hidden character as well as a few other hints ....
also shows vipers new alt and guile with his sunglasses on doing sonic hurricane

Gino

Really does sound too good to be true, removing shortcuts and making reversals harder would make the game just too difficult for the newbies.

fluxcore

"with that in mind they are still in the game"

nothing to see here, move along...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

the sentance after the one you mention alan
shortcuts are still in but .....
"I will say that we are reconsidering the shoryuken as well as other moves"

ta da !

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

This was the most hype part for me.

Q: What the deal with the kunai you keep teasing us with? How long do you intend to drag this out? Please show us the new characters! I can't wait anymore! C'mon, tell us about the new characters as quickly, quickly, QUICKLY as possible. "No information about the new characters?"
A: A lot of players have been hunting me down about this! Seems like I can't run away any longer. Okay, I got you. Let's do it! I'll be updating on 2/18 (Thurs) next week, so be sure not to miss it!

Shit nigga, thats tomorrow.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on February 16, 2010, 06:13:58 PM
From the latest sf4 blog

so what? they want to change how teh srk is executed? its been like that for years... or do they mean the shortcut buff? oh wait is there one? i've always done it forward - down - forward - P
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

electric

Quote from: zosla on February 17, 2010, 08:31:31 AM
so what? they want to change how teh srk is executed? its been like that for years... or do they mean the shortcut buff? oh wait is there one? i've always done it forward - down - forward - P

They mean the shortcut. You can do df, d, df + p so that it's easier to do in crouch strings, like Sagats cr lk, cr lk, cr lp xx TIIIIGAAAAAAAA UPPAAAAAAA!!!!!
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

CrazyMobius

Maybe they are just talking about the change to the fierce dragon punch. The first hit no longer can be comboed into ultra.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

The shortcut isnt even df, d, df, p. You can do df, df, P and a dragon will still come out. I would personally like to see them tighten the inputs on it up.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Quote from: ILL_BILL on February 17, 2010, 08:56:23 AM
You can do df, df, P and a dragon will still come out

I used to think the same thing, but it was debunked a while ago - try it yourself in the training room... You definitely need the D input to get a DP
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Fuck, you might be right.

I use the shortcut for lk guac'ing ground tatsus on reaction, but im doing it from a crouching position so im using the down motion anyway. Ill have a look.

Edit: Just tried it in training mode. df, df, P gives me a dragon punch bro.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Hydro

huh, impossible Bill

I'm doing it right now as I type, and it's working only if I hit df, d, df.

df, df doesn't give me anything.

Maybe it's different depending on the move but I'm not getting seismos using df, df at all.

curiously enough, df, d, db, b, f also gives you a dp. ;D