• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Anyone in Auckland able mod a PS3 stick for me?

Started by dbznz2000, February 19, 2010, 01:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbznz2000

I have a PS3 arcade stick for street fighter 4 and I would like to mod it except I'm not sure how. It's not a hori stick or a madcatz fightstick, so it's a little more tricky to mod as you have to unsolder the PCB for the buttons and around the joystick. Some unknown brand, which I'm not sure of.

I have purchased a Sanwa stick and Sanwa buttons already. If anyone is able to help me out or mod this stick for me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

stereomonkey

Someone is bound to help.  But just curious on which stick you have.  Do you have a photo of it or even a link to get some sort of reference on it?
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

zos'la

I think I moded 3 of those sticks for Giga net cafe, they are those 3rd pt chinese stock.

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

dbznz2000

Here are the image links of the arcade stick, showing the stick and the underside where the PCB is.

http://img402.imageshack.us/i/dsc02905i.jpg/
http://img196.imageshack.us/i/dsc02909w.jpg/

If anyone in Auckland is able to mod this for me, would be so great! :D

CroNO

lol... man i remember modding a stick with a pcb on it, the desoldering isnt the bad part.. if you know your gonna mod your buttons again then your best off getting quick disconnects for them in order for quickly replace them.

Umm as for the stick goes, your gonna have alot of fun getting that jlf to fit in that puny thing, you'd end up grinding the shaft of the stick in the bottom panel and most of them time it still scrapes, sanwa sticks tend to be longer, if you want something similar feel to the jlf, i suggest getting the semitsu ls-32, its shorter and some people prefer that over the sanwa.

my suggestion, get a hrap3 and mod that, lol... or gut your entire stick, replace buttons with sanwa, rewire them with disconnects and connect them to a cthulhu board  ;D

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Barnstorm

Quote from: CroNO on February 20, 2010, 02:34:34 AM
lol... man i remember modding a stick with a pcb on it, the desoldering isnt the bad part.. if you know your gonna mod your buttons again then your best off getting quick disconnects for them in order for quickly replace them.

Umm as for the stick goes, your gonna have alot of fun getting that jlf to fit in that puny thing, you'd end up grinding the shaft of the stick in the bottom panel and most of them time it still scrapes, sanwa sticks tend to be longer, if you want something similar feel to the jlf, i suggest getting the semitsu ls-32, its shorter and some people prefer that over the sanwa.

my suggestion, get a hrap3 and mod that, lol... or gut your entire stick, replace buttons with sanwa, rewire them with disconnects and connect them to a cthulhu board  ;D

bro you can just change out the shafts should work fine

zos'la

it is actually not that hard to get the JLF in, you just need to make some custome holes to fit the 4 screws, the JLF wont need a metal plate just the stick and the black plastic part, shouldn't be too hard I would say.

dbznz2000

Hmm, sounds like gutting my entire stick may not be such a bad idea after all. Where can I buy quick disconnects?

zos'la

Jaycars on Kyberpath got them, u have to get the smallest one, I think they come in gold plated colour.

I've made sticks for Skullator, CrazyKiller and a few others on this forum. So if ur interested give me a PM.

Skullator

Just confirming Andy's stick making ability is godlike.

zos'la

Quote from: Skullator on March 12, 2010, 10:30:12 AM
Just confirming Andy's stick making ability is godlike.

cheers for reference!!! xD