• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Auckland Giga SF4 2v2 Team Tournament: 12.00PM - 6.00PM Sat 6th Mar 2010

Started by zos'la, February 20, 2010, 02:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stereomonkey

But then that wouldn't be a competition Euan, more like a "Hey we made top three, lets share the gold and screw silver and bronze!"

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on February 20, 2010, 04:32:32 PM
TBH for 20 bucks per person the pot should be split across the top 3 spots 60-20-10 imo.

20 is pretty steep given the range of skill in our small community, and does little to encourage everyone to join in.

Just my 2 cents.

That was the hidden message I was sending out.

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: stereomonkey on February 20, 2010, 05:40:06 PM
But then that wouldn't be a competition Euan, more like a "Hey we made top three, lets share the gold and screw silver and bronze!"

That was the hidden message I was sending out.

Im agreeing with leo that top three teams get paid instead of just the team that comes first .
i have no idea wot you mean by your post bro
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

fluxcore

I really have no say in anything since I won't be participating and am not organising or helping in any way, but I think $20 is too high.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on February 20, 2010, 06:15:42 PM
Im agreeing with leo that top three teams get paid instead of just the team that comes first .
i have no idea wot you mean by your post bro

Oh what, I thought it was a split pot.  lol, my bad for not reading properly :'(

Quote from: zosla on February 20, 2010, 02:42:30 AM
Prizes: At this stage we have confirmed cash Prize for the winning team, though if I manage to get some sponsors then we might be able to get some item prize for 2nd and 3rd place. The cash Prize will depend on the number of entrants, I will take about $$$ from the pot to pay for the venue and the rest will be the cash prize the more entrants = the higher the pot. Example: 20 entrants = $300 cash prize for winning team, split for the two $150 each.

One cash prize does seem silly, now there is even less incentive for people to sign up.  If it is also 20 each person (or even tea), then there should be plenty for a split pot.  Even marvel with a smaller base had a split pot ;)

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[SAS]akuma1nz

Well this sounds like a mean jam/comp... Hope I can make it unless I'm working as usuall! If not I'll come later on & do the watching buzz again... Put me down just in case I can make it.
Yo boys keen for a jam at my pad in da wknds jst flick me a txt... Live in REWA HARD!!! 0212550433 or 0226772386

DEATH IS TOO GOOD FOR YOU... FOOL!!!

zos'la

Thanks for all the feed back guys and I have taken your thoughts and put them into ACTION!!! We will split the pot to 60/30/10, on top of this I WILL be giving out extra item prizes from sponsors, such as free street fighter gaming time at Giga/ internet and FirstGames are interested in sponsoring, I have meet with them today and they will be giving out credits for a couple free copy of Super Street Fighter 4 when it releases.

updated first page with the new Prizes decision and thanks to Smoof for the TE.
cheers.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

shot andy !!!!!

but you realise 60/30/20 = 110 right ?
60/30/10 = 100

zos'la

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on February 20, 2010, 11:40:46 PM
shot andy !!!!!

but you realise 60/30/20 = 110 right ?
60/20/10 = 100
Euan,
you didn't look properly!!!! look again!!!

xD

I am trying to get my PS3 setup so kinda not thinking properly xD

edited.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

massi4h

Well if you think 10% would cover the venue etc, you could do 60/20/10. I can help with whatever you want on the day as well. And if we get heaps of people you think maybe we could do 3v3? Then we'd be like a scrub version of the japanese nationals.

Lennysaurus

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

3v3 would be cool, but realistically, given our playerbase, were better off going with 2v2 and seeing how that works out before discussing bigger teams.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

Quote from: massi4h on February 21, 2010, 10:59:33 AM
Well if you think 10% would cover the venue etc, you could do 60/20/10. I can help with whatever you want on the day as well. And if we get heaps of people you think maybe we could do 3v3? Then we'd be like a scrub version of the japanese nationals.

The cash pot is decide after paying off the Venue.

Yeah 3v3 would be lotsa fun though as Bill mention our player base are not as large... BUT its our Tournament, we can do whatever we want if we have a good player turnout.
But for now, we will stick to what it is.

Updated first page with map and address for the venue, I have updated how the prize pot is calculated.

zos'la