• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

PS3 slim 120 with HDMI output issue with VW246H Monitor

Started by zos'la, February 22, 2010, 11:36:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

Okay, not sure who can help here but I am having trouble outing from my PS3 using my HDMI cable.
I have a slim 120 gig PS3 and a VW246H monitor and I am tryign to use a HDMI to HDMI cable for video output.
I believe my Monitor has HDMI support since its got the slot where you plug it in...
here is link for the specifcation for the monitor: http://www.asus.com/Product.aspx?P_ID=zMRyN4KB5o5rSqKr&content=specifications

unless I am reading it wrong that I must use from PS3 out using HDMI and into Monitor's DVI, as this works but the quiality would be better using HDMI to HDMI?

hope someone can clear this up for me a bit.

Thanks.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

Digital is digital, there's no quality loss.

Other than that, what is your actual problem? Your monitor has HDMI, your PS3 has HDMI, plug them together!

Otherwise, if it works how you have it, just leave it.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Lennysaurus

When you turn the ps3 on, hold down the power button until you see a blue light.  This will make the ps3 autoselect the hdmi as the output and will let you cnfigure it from there.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

zos'la

Thanks Alan for clearing the image quality bit.

yeah I though it should jsut work as I though the PS3 is smart enought to auto detect, but as Lenny said if you previously pluged in using something else not HDMI the PS3 will remeber that setting.... you wil have to turn on the PS3 and hold it for 5 second to reset it to SD mode. I tried this and it doesn't work for my monitor aparently lol... I think the monitor needs to be setup to use HDMI and not DVI as I just tested another HDMI monitor here at work and its got the change settings from different video imput mode you have to change manually!!! bugger me lol.
I'll try this when I get home.

thanks again.

CptMunta

Quote from: zosla on February 22, 2010, 12:39:48 PM
Thanks Alan for clearing the image quality bit.

yeah I though it should jsut work as I though the PS3 is smart enought to auto detect, but as Lenny said if you previously pluged in using something else not HDMI the PS3 will remeber that setting.... you wil have to turn on the PS3 and hold it for 5 second to reset it to SD mode. I tried this and it doesn't work for my monitor aparently lol... I think the monitor needs to be setup to use HDMI and not DVI as I just tested another HDMI monitor here at work and its got the change settings from different video imput mode you have to change manually!!! bugger me lol.
I'll try this when I get home.

thanks again.

Does your monitor support HDCP?

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_HDCP_Monitor

If not it won't work without a great deal of fucking around. I have a  Dell monitor that supports HDCP and a HDMI to DVI cable with the sound going through the RCAs to the stereo.

If it's not that I'm not sure. Sometimes I be pissing about trying to get it to work and notice something stupid like the cable has wiggled loose from the DVI connection.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

zos'la

I don't think mine is a HDCP....
I am currently using HDMI from the PS3 and out to DVI to my monitor and having the sound output to my Amp through a converter wire thing using 2 AV cable line. (the red and white cable.)

but HDMI to HDMi don't seem to work.. I think its my monitor setup as stated above, will have to check it when i get home. -.-

electric

From the link you put in the first post Andy, it looks like your monitor supports HDCP... and if your PS3 is currently hooked up via HDMI to DVI, then the button holding trick *shouldn't* do anything, as it's already outputting over HDMI... Strange :/
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

zos'la

ah thanks I jsut check my monitor specs and it DOES support HDCP so I shouldn't have any problems... i wonder why, i bet ya it will be something really sputid once I get it working -.-