• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Giga SF4 Fortnightlty Ranbats - Next Ranbat on Friday April the Sixteenth!!!

Started by zos'la, February 23, 2010, 08:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

LOL you tell that to the tournament software, I was like wtf I got iMagneto and you first round!!!
Also last year I don't think I did the brackets :P it was Leo (Lenny) hahaha BLAME HIM QQ
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

The New Generation Clockw0rk

xpunch

geneterror

OK so lookin' for confirmation on a couple of theings:

What time is this? The earliest I can get there is probably around 7:30-8pm
How much is it going to cost? Don't really care just need to know how much to bring.

I will bring my PS3 TE stick and a copy of SF4.
KOW 2011

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Actually, are we gonna be rocking 360's or PS3's for the ranbats? Given the issues we had at the 2v2 tourney.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

If people are willing to bring their 360's I think that would be teh best idea? unless other wise stated by Lenny...

Price will be about $5-$10, they ahve snack food and drinks available there so might want to bring a little extra.
I am waiting for Lenny to update us.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

what happens when ssf4 is released ? will the ranbats be on sf4 or ssf4 ?
thought i should ask seeing as we are starting on sf4 and may be ending on ssf4
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Lennysaurus

First post has been updated.

Also if there are enough people, We can order a second setup and run two to finish it sooner and have more casuals.

I'll bring my TE, can euan, Jack and one other also bring one please?

If anyone is going to be late, please post up on here and let us know.  I will try and hold your games for till you arrive, but no guarantees>

See you there guys!!!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Lennysaurus

At this point guys when SSFIV releases we will look at changing over to that.  I know that there are issues around doing it this way, but I see few other alternatives without stagnating too long.

Bar fights is dead in the water because the bar we were to use has closed down, and I have spent the last three weeks looking for other venues, but Giga is the only place that can/is willing to accomodate us.  So big ups to Giga!!!!

Also Euan get on vent homo!

massi4h

Sweet Lenny. I can bring my TE if really needed. I don't have a sack and I'd have to carry it around all day. But I don't really mind, gives me an excuse to play ggpo at uni lol. Doubt I can bring my xbox though.

And fuck you euan.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on March 15, 2010, 03:03:02 PM
what happens when ssf4 is released ? will the ranbats be on sf4 or ssf4 ?
thought i should ask seeing as we are starting on sf4 and may be ending on ssf4

Ranked battles will only apply to Street Fighter 4. Any rankings for Super Street Fighter 4 will have to be recorded by playing Super Street Fighter 4 as they are two totally separate games.

xpunch

zos'la

OK Lenny,
we DON't need to use VGA cables, the xbox360 and HDMI cables work perfectly on those LCD monitors I can promise as I beleive many of you who has been to Giga has played on their xbox with HDMI cable.
I am guessing someone will bring an xtra xbox360??

Lennysaurus

Im bringing my xbox guys so you just need to bring your sticks.  Mason if you can do that I would be grateful, and youll get the discount as stated in the first post.

Andy, I have VGA cables so ill use them anyway.  They provide less lag due to the fact that they get around the TV having to do any post-processing.  We can use them anyway as it will provide people some peace of mind and it will cost no extra.

Xpunxh if you can bring your stick thatd be great too thanks!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

SF4 Ranbats should be treated as 'practice' for the SSF4 Ranbats, just so we know whether the system works etc. It will give us a chance to work the kinks out for the SSF4 Ranbats. Ill bring my TE too just in case.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.