• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom: UAS

Started by Lennysaurus, January 18, 2010, 07:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

This game is dropping in about 10 days time, and I am getting a little excited about it!

New characters!
Refining the cheese out of the game engine!

I am definitely going to be "acquiring" it, and I have 2 PS2 to Wii converters already!

Anyone else excited?

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

Would be if I had a Wii. Is the euro release at the same time? Or is wii region free?
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Lennysaurus

I think its region free.

My wii is hacked all up to buggery so Im not sure about regular wiis.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yeah not so much if i had a wii, but more if it came out on ps3/360. Cos then you'd still need to get a stick or a converter or some bullshit.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

stereomonkey

Next time I come up Lenny you will have to have it ready.  So I can have a little play around with it. :)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Lennysaurus

Quote from: stereomonkey on January 18, 2010, 08:35:47 PM
Next time I come up Lenny you will have to have it ready.  So I can have a little play around with it. :)

I already have the jap version... we coulda jammed that hahaha.

stereomonkey

But I wanna play on stick too!  Not the GC pad bro :P

electric

I want this... Tekkaman Blade = the fucking business.

I just have to convince my missus to leave her Wii at my place... Hmmmmm
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Lennysaurus

Quote from: stereomonkey on January 18, 2010, 09:33:15 PM
But I wanna play on stick too!  Not the GC pad bro :P

I have 2 namco sticks and 2 psx to GC converters

stereomonkey

Ummm, I mean you didnt have both sticks on Sunday you teke stains :P

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Off topic: Stu your avatar is blasphemy.

On topic: Ive gotta say im more interested in the US version of this than i was with the original. But i still dont think it will be enough to get me into it. The combo system seems a little too simple. Its like they took marvel and dumbed it down. Cool stuff in TVC is cool to be sure, but not nearly as impressive from a skill standpoint as marvel is. But because of the similarities, whenever i play this, i just feel like id rather be playing marvel.

My 2c.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

wii is not region free. otherwise, i would not have needed a freeloader disc to play ntsc smash bros and partially fuck my wii over.

electric

"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

ROCOABC

Bought (early copy) the game and the game isn't too bad at all.  Does feel like a more simplified version of MVC2 but still good to play and always good when there are new things to learn.

One thing and correct me if I am the only one to come across this.  When I was playing this game using standard AV, the game lags.  Some background, eg the one with massive flames bruning at the back - very laggy and feel sluggish.  Not just that level but overall.  I picked a component cable and set the Wii to display in 480p and the game feels 200% better now.  Plays soooooo much smoother now.

5 characters to unlock and silly thing is you have to buy 3P and 4P colours.  Tatsunoko crowd is diverse and interesting enough that learning them will be fun.  Ryu feels top tier at the moment as his Shinkuu Hadoken is so versatile and he feels to me to have quite a few options to link into his supers.

stereomonkey

Hey Roco, is that the USA release version or the previous Jap version? 

Also, never play wii on av.  Games look like poo :(