• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Fighterbase - an AU/NZ SFIV player database

Started by Gamogo, March 07, 2010, 10:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullator

Quote from: xpunch on March 08, 2010, 01:08:48 PM
joined under C grade lol the more i practise sf4 the more i realize i dnt even know this game lol theres so much to learn, its like a maori trying to learn another language like french. or in my case its like a maori trying to learn how to speak maori lol. like you know something but not all of it, new things keep coming up new tools new obsticles which keeps me interested in the competitive scene.

Good attitude bro, thats the beauty of fighting games.. at first they look simple, there's all this cheap shit going on and a bit of skill.. but as time goes by they just get deeper and deeper and deeper as people keep discovering more and more and more lol.
People still pulling out new tricks in third strike which is what, going on 10 years old? Gotta love it.

xpunch

i know what you mean man. i learned alot on sat while playing tournment matches also having the ranbats will make me feel more confident when playing at a tourny, for some reason when i play at tournys i think too hard about my combos and what the other char can counter me with and i str8 up dnt wana look stupid hahaha so in the end i phase out and then i stuff up bigg tyme hahaha. thats why i get knocked outa tournys so fast lol

Skullator

Haha funny you should say that about your tourny nerves, that's exactly the same thing that happens to me! I'll know that somebody can punish such and such a mix up.. and even tho it's a difficult punish which they aren't guaranteed to make, I won't bother risking it because I'd look bad etc. But then.. I play way too safe.. and need to be rushing people down more.. ugh you know how it is.

Ranbats should be a big help, deffo. I think we will learn to stop caring as much and adapt more flexible styles which we can switch between at will during the match (Risk taking, Random style, safe and clean, turtle)

Gamogo

Hi guys,

Just a quick note to let you know that Fighterbase has moved to a new home on the ozhadou.net web server.

Fighterbase can be reached here:

http://fighterbase.ozhadou.net

Cheers to 'Final Atomic Buster' and 'bbbenson' for providing me with web space!

I have done my best to minimise dataloss during the migration. Please confirm your account(s) is still active by logging in.

If there are any problems, please let me know here:

http://gamogo.wordpress.com/fighterbase-aunz

Cheers,

- Gamogo
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

- Carl Sagan

http://gamogo.wordpress.com

B BOY DRAW2

Quote from: xpunch on March 08, 2010, 01:08:48 PM
joined under C grade lol the more i practise sf4 the more i realize i dnt even know this game lol theres so much to learn, its like a maori trying to learn another language like french. or in my case its like a maori trying to learn how to speak maori lol. like you know something but not all of it, new things keep coming up new tools new obsticles which keeps me interested in the competitive scene.

A humble attitude shows much gratitude!!!

C-cup for me!!!
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.