• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Fighterbase - an AU/NZ SFIV player database

Started by Gamogo, March 07, 2010, 10:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamogo

Hi guys,

About a week ago I put together an online database that allows players in Australia and NZ to upload and share their PSN, Xbox and Games for Windows contact details so as to make it easier to find people to play against online.

This is a simple website that allows you to create a player profile with the following details:

- Gamertag Xbox
- Gamertag PS3
- Gamertag PC
- Preferred platform
- Alt
- Opponent Request
- Rank

With 'rank' being a simple system to allow you to (roughly) specify your skill level so as to find people close to your ability to play against and so on.

So far I've managed to attract a few players in Australia with more registering daily and given that I play a few guys from NZ (I'm also originally from NZ - South Island massive) I figured I'd share it here to see if you lads were perhaps interested in signing up. Naturally the site is designed for Street Fighter IV and ultimately Super Street Fighter IV.

Some stuff to keep in mind:

- The site is very simple but for the most part serves its purpose
- I am a shitty web coder and I'm making this up as I go along
- I am more than open to suggestions and feature requests. If something sucks, tell me.

Lastly, users of XBL and GFW have the convenient ability to simply click on a user in Fighterbase to quickly add them to their contact list via XBL's online connectivity via browsers. Unfortunately I cannot do this for PS3 users as the PSN isn't particularly flexible. The best I can offer here is that dorky 'trophy' compare shit.

I think that about covers it. Please check the site out. The more people we attract, the easier I hope it is for us all to find one another and punch each other in the face.

http://fighterbase.dyndns.org

If you have any issues, questions or suggestions, please leave them as comments here:

http://gamogo.wordpress.com/fighterbase-aunz/

Cheers,

- Gamogo
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

- Carl Sagan

http://gamogo.wordpress.com

massi4h

Skullator

Nice bro, signing up.

Edit: Hey man from an I.T perspective, that's some nice shit you got going there! Hopefully alot of people join because that would be a FANTASTIC tool we could use to help download our problem matchups..

Gamogo

I just added a country field to help further narrow down searches if perhaps your connections to Australia are shitty.

Alternatively, you can just click the 'Country' field title in the 'Quick List' and it will re-order all results based on country so you can quickly see at a glance who are the Aussies and who are the Kiwis.

I noticed a few of you lads signed up. Cheers! Hopefully you can use this to add to your contact lists :D
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

- Carl Sagan

http://gamogo.wordpress.com

zos'la

nice work, loving the community!!!
I registered also... Ranked myself B? Not sure how it works but just a wild guess!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Rorooze

Quote from: Gamogo on March 07, 2010, 10:17:58 PM

Lastly, users of XBL and GFW have the convenient ability to simply click on a user in Fighterbase to quickly add them to their contact list via XBL's online connectivity via browsers. Unfortunately I cannot do this for PS3 users as the PSN isn't particularly flexible. The best I can offer here is that dorky 'trophy' compare shit.

:O i'll sign up after work!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on March 08, 2010, 08:10:52 AM
nice work, loving the community!!!
I registered also... Ranked myself B? Not sure how it works but just a wild guess!!!

Fuck, better drop myself down from B+ then
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Good idea Gamogo - If you need a hand with anything PHP related, give me a yell and I'll be more than happy to help

I signed up - looking forward to getting some new match ups dialed

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 08, 2010, 10:27:34 AM
Fuck, better drop myself down from B+ then

Copy pasted from Gamogo's site:

(A.) This includes players who have been playing for a solid amount of time and are familiar with various match-ups and many ins and outs to the game. You likely have a few tips to share.

(B.) This defines players who have settled on a character, are working towards pulling their game together and are looking for challengers to help level up. You have questions (we all do), but still handle yourself well and are trying to crack the next level.

(C.) This is for people very new to SFIV/SSFIV. Beginners are typically only just getting into the game and figuring out how things work. You are still working on key combos and game mechanics and would like to meet players climbing the same ladder to play against.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Oh. So i am B+ then. Andy bro youre an easy A.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Skullator

You guys are underconfident.. I just clicked A+ and moved on LOL

stereomonkey

Joined under Grade B.

EDIT: Just need to add "Hamilton" to your location list ;)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

xpunch

joined under C grade lol the more i practise sf4 the more i realize i dnt even know this game lol theres so much to learn, its like a maori trying to learn another language like french. or in my case its like a maori trying to learn how to speak maori lol. like you know something but not all of it, new things keep coming up new tools new obsticles which keeps me interested in the competitive scene.

zos'la

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 08, 2010, 10:42:50 AM
Oh. So i am B+ then. Andy bro youre an easy A.

I'll take a "B" from the standard that's mentioned above, I am settling into my character and finding a challenge to improve my game.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Rorooze

I'm on and put myself on as a C. I was gonna put C+ but if xpunch is only a C then I'll go as a C, haha.

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

oh sweet signed up

put myself at E+......... E for Elite bitches hahaha
abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community