• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Tier List for SFIV

Started by moose!, March 07, 2010, 11:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullator

Looks like certain characters took alot more nerfs in SSFIV than others... Funny that..
Certain others seem to be catching buffs..

I guess the tier list didn't end up being facts after all.....

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Skullator on March 12, 2010, 11:58:17 AM
Looks like certain characters took alot more nerfs in SSFIV than others... Funny that..
Certain others seem to be catching buffs..

I guess the tier list didn't end up being facts after all.....

SF4 =/= SSF4
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Skullator

First version of the game gets patched
What goes on to become the norm assuming it gets an arcade release?
Thinking along the lines of second Impact, third Strike.

What was Super's beta version or what drove developers to make changes to characters in Super?
Thinking vanilla SFIV

I was approaching it with an mmorpg mentality instead of a fighting game one but esentially, OP shit gets toned down etc..

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Skullator

Barnstorm

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 12, 2010, 01:18:16 PM
SF4 =/= SSF4

what does this mean bro?

im not up on internet lingo

fluxcore

=/= == !=

hahaha yeah you'll probably have to be a programmer to appreciate that one.

Skullator

^ Lol

Barnstorm =/= means does not equal.

Lennysaurus

Behold!!!!

≠

Also to keep on topic more.  I  personally think that had SFIV gone on for longer, we would have seen the tier list start to seperate the tp 6 or so sharacters further from the rest.  SFIV seem to have this real Rock/Paper/Scissors relationship going on within itself.  Characters tend to have serious troubles in some, and then really dominate others much more so than in most SF games i tend to think.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

moose!

I'm not sure if I agree with you so much on that tbh... It seems the character matchup based chart is pretty uniform for IV and there aren't toooooo many anomalies- you can easily slot characters into S,A,B,C etc.

I'm of course basing this against something like 3S which I think is ALL matchup based.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

This thread was about sf4 tier list. I'm not sure why skull brought ssf4 into the mix, and I still don't know WTF he's talking about.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Barnstorm

Quote from: moose! on March 12, 2010, 07:13:32 PM
I'm not sure if I agree with you so much on that tbh... It seems the character matchup based chart is pretty uniform for IV and there aren't toooooo many anomalies- you can easily slot characters into S,A,B,C etc.

I'm of course basing this against something like 3S which I think is ALL matchup based.

can you explain how sf3 match up works

cos my understanding comes from sf2 which is generally very match up dependent such as guile v honda is 9-1 and honda v fei is 9-1 (may not be actual numbers but you should get the idea)

my understanding of 3rd strike is a character is good or not

and i agree with lenny i think the top characters would have become more apparent

stereomonkey

This topic is just fucking terrible.

Locking this shit cause I hate you all.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"