• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

HRAP EX (360 stick) to work on Windows' MAME

Started by rugdoctor, March 18, 2010, 09:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rugdoctor

Help! I was wondering whether anybody knows a sure fire way to use the stick on MAME. I tried changing the driver, XBCD+ with no success. If someone can point me to the right direction or knows how to get it working that would be great!

Thanks in advance.
All your sticks belong to me!

stereomonkey

Which Hrap ex is it for, xbox360 or PS3 and canyou see it installed on your PC?

If xbox360 you PC should recognize it.  Not sure what you have to do for a PS3 one though.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

rugdoctor

Its for the 360 and windows does recognise it, but MAME does not. Its comes up with a "joystick:0 ...directinput.." error rendering the joystick unuseable. It would not map any of the sticks buttons or the directions.

stereomonkey

Hmmm, that doesn't sound right at all.  When I had my Hrap EX it worked fine with Mame.

Only thing I could say is use another emulator such as FinalBurnAlpha and see if the stick works with that.

rugdoctor

it works with a cps3 emulator (one wioth gouki's symbol), great to hear it works on your machine, would it be possible to get a copy of your .inf driver file so I can update with that driver?

stereomonkey

I would if I still had it.  Recently updated to Windows 7 and also my Hrap EX died.

Honestly it would be better to use a different emulator since Mame is quite poo at most things.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

rugdoctor

OK, what is a better alternative that I could use the stick with and could you provide me with a link?

edit: I see on the previous post GGPO seems to be the shit...compatibility wise, can it run all the mame roms (ex. umk3)?

stereomonkey

FinalBurnAlpha runs all Street Fighter and KOF games and others but doesn't run UMK3.  I think that and some other games is MAME only :(

fluxcore

UMK3 and Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game are the only two fighting games I can think of that I would want to play that are mame only... everything else I use the fba in GGPO, or I suppose the more hardout emulators like dolphin (tvc).
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

rugdoctor

I used fba before (even on my touchscreen phone!) and reckon its great...so GGPO has FBA built into it from the get go?

geneterror

Yes, when you install GGPO it installs both.
KOW 2011

rugdoctor

Thanks for that...at least it will do all the CAVE schmups which is awesome, thanks and hope to bump into you guys when I go online with GGPO!