• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Super Street Fighter 4 Release party/Tournament at Gamestation CHCH

Started by CptMunta, March 18, 2010, 01:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpunch

thats what i was tryna figer out, even tho its that zzzzzz dude getting all macho man randy savage on dis thread lol.

also good stuff munta for all the work n shizz u put into this event good luck  ;D

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CptMunta

Quote from: fluxcore on April 28, 2010, 08:01:27 PM
:O Why did you quote my message? ;_;

aw shit I just realized sorry man. My rant was going to start off with your quote then: "exactly" cheers for having my back guys. Nzism community power!

Was a bit disapointed that some Random dude could get so salty. I'm sure I'd he actually knew me or had spoken to loomie redtie propafanda Kim Nick Damon or any of the regulars he wouldn't have had the same opinion. I mean it is a free tourney and the spot prizes bar the backpack, Ken figure, re figures are the same as top 3 and a really fuckin cool prize hasn't been annouced yet for the mashmaster.

I hope he does come and has a great time, that is what it is all about after all.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Nick4now

Holy crap so I need to place in the top 3 to guarantee myself a T-shirt? Thats cool 8) I hired out SFIV to train with my secret character (I probably won't even end up using him/her at the tourney, just hoping to scare other players away to give me a better chance to get me a T-shirt  ;D)

But as for this zzzzz character, I hope he hasn't influenced you Marc to not enter the tourney or not to play SSFIV until after the tourney. If I were in your shoes I would be feeling pretty super!

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Play vanilla and smash him at that as well. The BirryWong method of smashing people until they get the point has a 100% success rate.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

propafanda

those t shirts look premo up to third place. Hope the training has done something I've been doing recently. Well as for the  console release prior to the super tournament. I think thats cool Ctp Munta I think you deserve the treat for your work and input towards the community. I'm picking up my copy in the morning on the day glad I bought it last week  :)

Nick4now

Redtie and I preordered out copy today at Gamestation (we went halves on one copy) and I'll probably be picking it up tomorrow morning but won't get the chance to play it until tourney time lol

CptMunta

No word on the t shirts and bag yet unless they arrive tomorrow. Will grab names and numbers of winners so we cam hook people up if they don't make it from Europe in time.

Me Scott and Andrew will be there from 6:30 or so if you guys wanna get some casuals in before the game and we have 3 extra setups for game so there is plenty of stations to jam on between matches :)

I hope to see some brave people rocking the new characters. I highly doubt i'll play anyone new except in casuals since I've only dabbled in the new cast. But looking forward to casuals with the new cast as well. 

Nick4now

Quote from: CptMunta on April 29, 2010, 07:10:19 PM
No word on the t shirts and bag yet unless they arrive tomorrow. Will grab names and numbers of winners so we cam hook people up if they don't make it from Europe in time.

I was looking over the list of prizes and noticed that bag isn't listed so is that the Mashmaster mystery prize?  ;D

CptMunta

Quote from: Nick4now on April 30, 2010, 02:03:02 AM
I was looking over the list of prizes and noticed that bag isn't listed so is that the Mashmaster mystery prize?  ;D

the backpack for sticks? Nah that's listed for 1st place

Just before anyone throws the match to get the mashmaster prize ;) it's something xboxy, since we couldn't support the xbox pad warriors.

Also talked to brad about team battle we'll do it after the tourney I reckon. Apparently those guys are fuckin beasts already with new cast. It's gonna be embrassing and awesome all at the same time. Probably happen around 10:30 11ish depending in turnout.