• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Super Street Fighter 4 Release party/Tournament at Gamestation CHCH

Started by CptMunta, March 18, 2010, 01:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CptMunta

Super Street Fighter 4 Release party/Tournament at Gamestation CHCH

When:
30 April at 8pm

Where:
The Game Station
3/7 Pilgrim Place
Christchurch 8001
New Zealand
At 3/7 Pilgrim place, Christchurch

The big blue shop between the two kayak shops - Canoe & Outdoor World and Paddler Zone
On the south side of Dennys restaurant on Moorhouse Ave to the west of Hoyts 8 movie theatre. Really easy to find.

http://www.zoomin.co.nz/map/nz/christchurch/sydenham/pilgrim+place/7/

Entry Fee
FREE!  8) Spectators welcome  ;D

Prizes:

Capcom and Monaco have thrown a bunch of new prizes in the mix!

1st
Super Street Fighter IV Backpack for Arcade stick,
SSF4 T-Shirt,
Ken Figure,
C.Viper Figure,
just added: One Resident Evil Figure,
1 Tatsunoko vs Capcom Trading card pack!
I-Phone cover (Of your choice)

2nd
SSF4 T-shirt C.Viper Figure,
just added: One Resident Evil Figure,

3rd
SSF4 T-Shirt,
just added:

SPOT PRIZES
so no matter the skill level or even if you spectate you have something up for grabs.

7 I Phone covers
1 C. Viper figure,
2 SSF4 T-shirts given away to random pre-orders
3 Tatsunoko vs Capcom trading card packs
Mashmaster mystery prize.

FYI, I'll also be entering the comp and be up for the random raffles as well. Hope that's cool. Most prizes will be given out at random after each bracket. So losers get something back and people that place higher a likely to get something cool anyways.  8)

Also (non alcoholic) refreshments provided on the night!

Will be adding pics of the prizes soon, the T-shirts and bag are pretty much exclusive, pretty much impossible to get in New Zealand outside of pre-ordering the game from Europe/UK

Prizes TBC

Platform:
ATM it's going to be on PS3 just because we have PS3 arcade sticks. If anyone has some decent Xbox 360 sticks let us know. Would love to support Xbox360 too.
Also bring your own controllers if you want to use them. There will be Arcade sticks, PS3 pads, Nuby tech SF pads etc... at the event. Sadly untill we can find a decent Xbox stick, Xbox controllers will not be supported. Unless you specify and bring a PS2/PS3 compatible controller, you'll be on Stick.

There will be a couple of other setups running SSF4 for spectators that want to get a taste of the game.

Register
Register instore any time before the event and pre-order your copy of SSF4
$10 off the retail price of SSF4 if you enter the tournament! So only $79.95!

Rules
Probably going with the same rules as the Timezone Tourney:
Double Elimination
One match 5 Rounds

More Details on the way. It's going to be MEGA HYPER SUPER HYPE!  :o I'll have fliers and poster to hand out at the Timezone tournament. Cheers to Jade at Gamestation for hosting the event and all your help.

Tell everyone and get them to preorder at Gamestation if they can. Support the local community. Not many copies left so pre order to ensure you get your discount and can have your copy on release day!  ;D

Flying from Up North?

Just as a heads up flights as of 28th of march cost this much:

Auckland to Christchurch: approx $124

Wellington to Christchurch: approx $100

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

stereomonkey

Holy crap Marc, nice way to get out there bro!!!

Probably wont be able to make that tourney of yours which is a bummer but I have to do somethings so yeah.  Might try to make this one seeing as it is a month away. :)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

zos'la

good work^^
hope the turnout is good xD
I wonder if Auckland will have a release party -.-
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CptMunta

Prizes announced You Aucklanders should ride the Air Hyper C. Viper beam to this event  :D

fluxcore

omg

anyone that doesn't have an iphone and gets a cover, holla at me
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

redtie

CptMunta

The Setup:

That last screen should read 1 stick one pad sorry.

That way stick users can play pad users. I suggest that Xbox Pad warriors start training at the arcade since we can run this on PC for those matches sadly.

So the left hand screen will be running most of the matches. Any pad vs pad and pad vs stick will run at the same time on the other tvs.

Will bring in chairs for people to sit down.

zos'la

nice place, I didn't realize CHCH had such a place when I was down there earlier this year...
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CptMunta

"HERE COME NEW PRIZES!!!!"

Capcom Monaco are adding to the prizes, Cheers guys!:

2X Resident Evil figurines (Dunno which ones so we'll just have to see)
5X Tatsunoko vs Capcom Trading card packs Lenticular (Do WANT!)
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=170438447997
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=360255450196

Couriered today :)

The Backpack and the T-shirts have been delayed thanks to the Volcano in Iceland (Makes us curse the volcano stage even more) Monaco is expecting them this week (figures crossed) so hopefully they get there by the tournament.

Checked the Gamestation TV. 720p native Sonys with a great game mode! So no Tv upscaling = less lagg! Me, Andrew and Scott tested them out and they run smooth as.

If I was any more hype my head would explode!

fluxcore

Holy crap, Munta!

Anyone keen to donate to me their tatsunoko trading card winnings? :D

Or hell, any of the other prizes too! I'll even pay if you want...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HoneyBadger

You have all the opportunities that we have to get SSF4, considering we ordered it from an NZ retailer. I'm pretty sure in a competition it's called having an edge rather than cheating. Pretty sure Munta is the only one in chch with a copy of Super anyway
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

Yep. You could easily have had a copy already if you have a ps3 and ordered from firstgames.

Or a modded xbox. Hah.

CptMunta

First off I am the one putting this tournament on. I've worked hard to put it on and make it happen. Alot of the prizes are actually bonuses given to me by Capcom for the pavement art I did out front promoting the game, but I have decided to put all the prizes into the tournament to make it better for everyone.

I am the only one I know out of all the guys with a copy of Super Street Fighter IV ATM. That I know of.........

How are we able to tell that someone at the tourney hasn't got a Modded xbox and has been playing it for 2 weeks? Or shall we penalize people that ordered their U.S. copy from First Games?

You have from 9 - 8 on Friday to play it unless you download it , or get your copy from First Games. By your logic you could say people without jobs, the day off work or have no kids have an unfair advantage by having more free time and are "Cheating"

If it makes you feel better I can drop out of the tournament but with all the hard work I've put into making this event happen I feel it's hardly fair that I don't enter. It's like throwing your favorite party and not being able to participate.

It's the same game with the same system with 10 new characters and new ultras it's not like it's totally brand new.

You could go to gamestation on Friday where they'll have on Demo all day.

I doubt a few hours of playtime is going to make much of a difference. That and some Xbox users have had it a fortnight.

Most of the prizes are random giveaways not based on skill so EVERYONE has a chance at winning decent prizes.

You guys can PM me or text with your thoughts if you have any questions.

Otherwise I'll see you on the night. Best of luck for the tournament.

electric

"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore