• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

TE Stick button issue.

Started by [NIUE] BIRRY WONG, April 03, 2010, 02:21:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Not sure if any of you have had this, but every now and then, mid game, my HK button will stop working. Unplugging and replugging the TE seems to fix it, sometimes for a longer period than others.

Anyway, according to SRK, it MAY be a weird static electricity issue that dicks the PCB over:

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=178112&page=9

Only seems to happen with 360 TE's. If its not a weird static thing, then its probably madcatz and their dodgy PCB's. Just a word of warning to those of us with 360 TE sticks. Although it makes me feel slightly better knowing that its not just me thats getting the issue. I opened mine up and played around with wires and shit, which was unnecessary. Im just posting this here just to A) point this out to people in case it happens to them and B) to keep an eye on this thread on SRK to see if they find a fix for it.

Grounding both the top and bottom panels seems to have worked for one guy, so the 'static' thing might actually be legit. I might give it a try at some point if it starts to piss me off more.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

Yeah happens to mine.  Very rarely though... like maybe 6 times in the time Ive had it pretty much. 

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Mines never done it before. Then i dropped it (like 2 feet), and for some reason now its doing it. (has done it maybe 4 times in the last 2-3 weeks) I thought i fucked it when i dropped it, but apparently my symptoms match that shit, so maybe its a PCB thing. A guy can hope.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

xpunch

this has happened to me alot, not being a bitch about it but it happened today at the ranbats lol but i do get it quite abit while using other ppls 360 TE's.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Awww, with mine, the button just WILL NOT WORK at all until it gets unplugged/replugged.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

xpunch

ooooh my badd, nope that dont happen to me.

fluxcore

There are a few suggestions on that thread from what I recall (you'll probably see a couple of posts of mine in there).

- Rewire the current HP/HK buttons to the rightmost buttons and vice versa, the problem mainly seems to affect the original HP/HK buttons.

But shit yeah, if it's a static thing and grounding the plates works, then sweet!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

budafist

this is why I find it hard to justify $300-400 on a stick.
I woulda thought you'd be looking at a good couple of years of trouble free play before shit like this happens.

The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I might start looking for a decent PCB, and maybe swap that shit out. Might check out those 360/PS3 ones that were up a while ago.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Quote from: ILL_BILL on April 03, 2010, 03:13:49 PM
I might start looking for a decent PCB, and maybe swap that shit out. Might check out those 360/PS3 ones that were up a while ago.

Seriously considering getting one of these myself. Give me a holler if you do decide to get one
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Just attempted this fix. I did it real ghetto, (without solder) and not sure if i did it right, but time will tell us if it works or not.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

yeah it happens to most PCB i've come across and I would say its static for most.

Bill if ur gona get those PCB let me kno as i want in as well.
cheers.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

B BOY DRAW2

...I'd also check that my QD's were securely connected...
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

They are. This is an issue that happens with a lot of TE's, and its not just a loose connection.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.