• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

MVC3 Pre-release thread

Started by xpunch, April 08, 2010, 09:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

I have just spoken with the guy from livewire and he has told me that the distributors have only just received it today, so I think your mate might have a different game and he is confused?

Go to his house and tell us Weazzey, he could be just trolling you.

Doesn't matter anyway bro, you're only gonna end up playing the version with a shit frame-rate and bugger all people online anyway, so you may as well wait another couple of days!! :)

hurr hurr

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

electric

QuoteThe game drops frames when crazy shit happens.

Honestly, if you think that they made the game so amazingly well that things like ....

Sent Hyper Sentiniel Force->CapAm Hyper Charging Star VS Enemy Sentiniel Force while M.O.D.O.K assist comes out

....won't cause the game to drop frames?
From what I have seen it happens a LOT. Especially during hypers.

360 version from my experience.

Looks like it's both systems
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Lennysaurus

Silly Eru.  Always making up his crazy stories.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

originaljulz

I spoke to Amol today and he said that they could be in store late tomorrow, though it's more likely that their supplier will ship them out then, and they'll get it Wednesday morning. :/

Sucks knowing that I'll pick it up in the morning and have to have it sitting next to me all day while I'm at work.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

theINFAMOUSkiwi

Can't wait for this game, been really bored of gaming lately and hopefully this will revamp my gaming spirits  :D

Even though I will be super bad at the game

Flash

Another question. in the vids i have seen i havn't seen anyone punish people for abusing advancing guard couldn't you bait it out and punish it sort of like a counter hit set up in ssf4 by leaving a gap in your blockstring, i havn't seen many vids though so that could be it and i don't know the button input for it either so maybe an attack won't come out if you leave a gap.

****Up or i'll scratch yo face with my stubby little arms!

CrazyMobius

Quote from: electric on February 14, 2011, 07:59:11 PM
Looks like it's both systems

Yeah it's both. No big deal really as it will affect everyone.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Flash on February 14, 2011, 10:07:50 PM
Another question. in the vids i have seen i havn't seen anyone punish people for abusing advancing guard couldn't you bait it out and punish it sort of like a counter hit set up in ssf4 by leaving a gap in your blockstring, i havn't seen many vids though so that could be it and i don't know the button input for it either so maybe an attack won't come out if you leave a gap.

Only if people mash. But even if they do, good luck punishing it given how fast the game is. They will probably recover before you react.

Furthermore, you have a LONG time to use pushblock in this game. You can wait until the very last frame of blockstun to do it, so I doubt anyone will be mashing it, since there's no reason to. You can basically look for something that you're blocking, sit there for 3 minutes, decide whether or not you want to pushblock, and then do it. SO even if they're mashing, they would have to basically have their eyes closed, and mash for a hell of a long time for you to be able to 'punish' advancing guard.

Also, they're not really 'abusing' anything. The way MVC2 works, and the way MVC3 looks like it works, is that you generally want to advancing guard just about everything on block anyway. Exception being if you DON'T want to be pushed away from your opponent on defense. But even then, that opens up a lot of disadvantages for you anyway.

Basically, I don't think you should be looking for opportunities to punish people pushblocking. At least not until we see any evidence that it can even BE punished.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

redtie

What does KFC mean?  ???

massi4h

It was originally called XFC for X-factor cancel but people decided KFC sounded better.

Also Bill I think Flash was referring to what either you or Lenny had in your writeup comparing mashing pushblock to ssf4 crouch tech.

stereomonkey

Does push blocking work in the same way as TvC?
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

massi4h

The heavier the attack the more it pushes them back, that's how it works in MVC3. I think TVC is the same. So if you push block a light move it doesn't push them out very far but a heavy will.

stereomonkey

Sorry I kinda knew that, what I was meaning is does it nullify projectile moves to do no damage like how it works in TvC.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

massi4h

Oh wow didn't know that. Don't think it does. Some people say pushblock takes away no damage from beam supers but I think maybe it will still make some hits not hit during the pushblock animation like previous marvel games?

*waits for Bill or Ben or Len ahaha