• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Dual modding

Started by redtie, April 11, 2010, 01:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redtie

I got an HRAP3 to use on laptop but am probably going to get a 360 to play super on. Does anyone do this here? How much?

Or if someone wants to swap for the 360 version of the stick

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

ooh nice , make sure you post up your xbox gamertag when youve got it , gunna be  a big room of me mason , the two J's , fong and jack ,  gino and maybe alan and lenny  rocking this hard .
man lobbies with all of us in are going to own
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

fluxcore

Dual modding to 360 is still kind of annoying. Easiest way these days would be to get the paewang revolution, people have been talking about doing some group orders of it for a while. I can probably do it, but really don't have the time sorry, and of course shipping would be a bitch.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on April 11, 2010, 01:51:37 PM
ooh nice , make sure you post up your xbox gamertag when youve got it , gunna be  a big room of me mason , the two J's , fong and jack ,  gino and maybe alan and lenny  rocking this hard .
man lobbies with all of us in are going to own

As if forget about BIRRY WONG.

Brooooo
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

redtie

Haha yeah I can't wait to play some of you guys at super  ;D

@fluxcore

Oh I see hmmmm, had a look couldn't find any reviews on the stick. Are the stock parts decent? Cause if I do get one I probably won't have the money for modding it for a while after buying 360 + Super.

Do you know if ps2 sticks work well on 360 with some sort of converter? Could be a cheaper option

And yeah I probably end up selling the HRAP3 when I sort out another stick, if anyones interested

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

fluxcore

Quote from: redtie on April 11, 2010, 05:15:52 PM
Oh I see hmmmm, had a look couldn't find any reviews on the stick. Are the stock parts decent? Cause if I do get one I probably won't have the money for modding it for a while after buying 360 + Super.

Do you know if ps2 sticks work well on 360 with some sort of converter? Could be a cheaper option

And yeah I probably end up selling the HRAP3 when I sort out another stick, if anyones interested

Pretty sure the stock stick is crap (same as mayflash). Just the PCB is pure gold.
Best bet might be to get ahold of a TE 360 stick somehow.

PS2 to 360 converter? http://www.totalconsole.com/servlet/the-227/xfps-xcm-360-sniper/Detail is pretty much your only option, and it's expensive. :(
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

redtie

Ohhh snap! Thats USD too. Hmmmm yeah might have to sus out a TE after selling some things in the 360 package.

Elite console
120GB HD
Four games
$399 Bond and Bond School Holiday sale

Heres the plan then I guess

I've got a bond and bond $100 gift card so I'll use that. I figure I sell the HD for $100 cash on trademe because I was reading somewhere that you can use a usb external or pendrive to save game files and dlc now after updating but limited to using only 16GB. Then sell the four games for $100 on trademe too. Later on sell the HRAP3 on trademe if there are no takers here.

So I end up paying $99 for the 360 and possibly have the $$$ to get the TE.

**edit: Found some TEs on vpgames.com for $99 USD anyone bought anything off there?

CptMunta

Quote from: redtie on April 11, 2010, 07:05:49 PM
Ohhh snap! Thats USD too. Hmmmm yeah might have to sus out a TE after selling some things in the 360 package.

Elite console
120GB HD
Four games
$399 Bond and Bond School Holiday sale

Heres the plan then I guess

I've got a bond and bond $100 gift card so I'll use that. I figure I sell the HD for $100 cash on trademe because I was reading somewhere that you can use a usb external or pendrive to save game files and dlc now after updating but limited to using only 16GB. Then sell the four games for $100 on trademe too. Later on sell the HRAP3 on trademe if there are no takers here.

So I end up paying $99 for the 360 and possibly have the $$$ to get the TE.

**edit: Found some TEs on vpgames.com for $99 USD anyone bought anything off there?

Is your gift card from the tourney bro? If so, good shit!  :) Good to see the habit feeding the habit. ;) Cool to hear you're picking up a console man. Super Power! I would buy your HARP3 off you but don't have the cash on me just bought an Ipod. Would swap you for an HD Monitor  ;) You should sell it to Nick4now, he can rock the pad but he surely would be interested right?

Dunno how the Xbox fairs with HD monitors and sound output. I know PS3 lets you choose what ouput does what.

Your other option would be source an Xbox SF4 SE and pimp it with Sanwa parts when you can afford it. It's not too much of a bitch to mod once you got the parts. No soldering! Or even better a paewang revolution then mod it, that way we've got at least 2 decent sticks on the same console for our CHCH tourney's and mashups ;)

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

dangggg .
$399 for a xbox elite  with 120gig hd and 4 games...... .
god dam thats some amazing value right there .
wish id waited and got another elite now , dang i cant believe the cheapness of it , ps3 needs to get cheap like this so i can get one

zos'la

**Slaps Euan!!!
bastard xD
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

redtie

@Cptmunta

Yup its the prize from the tourney ;D
I had a 360 along time ago but ended up selling it cause no games were interesting enough for me to keep it. Oh yeah if nick wants it I guess I could sell it to him. I might end up buying the paewang if moneys tight if not I guess Im going to join the TE club hah