• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

The 'What are you playing right now?' Thread

Started by redtie, April 12, 2010, 07:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samurai black

yeah fuck, it was super hard to stay interested in gta4. i didnt even get very far into it, so i just traded in for credit towards RDR :D

you should see if you can get your mitts on some saints row 2 bill. its basically a jacked up san andreas.

geneterror

Well I actually thought Nico was the best main character yet and I loved the story/characters but I'm a sucker for movies like Eastern Promises etc. and the whole Russian Mafia type thing. Plus Nico was just a fuckin' badass. The controls make me want to rage sometimes though.
Some of the gameplay elements got a bit tired ie. the constant fuckin' phonecalls from your friends wanting to hang out.

I played 10 mins of The Lost and the Damned and loved it. It's like playing in an episode of Sons Of Anarchy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_Anarchy) my favourite TV series in ages. My old man was a Hot Rodder/Biker, I grew up around Hot Rodders and Bikers so I think I'm probably into it a bit more than most.

Won't play Ballad until I've finished TLATD.
KOW 2011

karizzma

Anyone going to get Sniper: Ghost Warrior?

Bill I'm going to hire transformers the day it comes out and I will test it. Not too sure from that video how I feel about it so I'll test before I buy. Super keen to play the multiplayer with you guy's though.

TEAM PS3 RAWR!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: karizzma on June 16, 2010, 12:27:47 PM
TEAM PS3 RAWR!!

I should point out that today i switched my preorder to the 360 version. So thats the version ill be playing it on.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

It's awesome fun when you find a AU/NZ match though as the guy says in the vid.  Soldier gun ownz all!
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

karizzma

Quote from: ILL_BILL on June 16, 2010, 12:57:22 PM
I should point out that today i switched my preorder to the 360 version. So thats the version ill be playing it on.

... lol now I have to get xbox gold... Lame

samurai black

just watched the infamous 2 trailer. not liking that they changed coles voice. i liked the original more, even if i thought it didnt suit the character. also, ICE POWERS

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Is that cole? He looks different. And younger.

And the dude that did coles voice in the original was doing recordings for infamous 2 at some point.

Fuck. Yea, if thats cole, im a little disappointed.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

maelgrim

yeah its Cole and yeah the original voice & body was way better.
Ice powers are cool though.
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I warm to the voice the more i listen to it. But i still prefer the original. I think the only thing that bothers me is that this is set later, and he sounds like he is younger. Even the updated look is fine, but the voice is what kills it.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

yeah, i dont mind the hair grown out a bit. and the fact they kept the weird design on his pants. its the voice thats a bit of a let down. i hope if you can still play as a bad guy, that the visual differences will be more than being pale and dirty.

geneterror

Quote from: ILL_BILL on June 16, 2010, 03:40:11 PM
I warm to the voice the more i listen to it. But i still prefer the original. I think the only thing that bothers me is that this is set later, and he sounds like he is younger. Even the updated look is fine, but the voice is what kills it.
I hate the update looked, I don't want to play as " generic Xtreme sports dood" Cole I want to play as badass tortured Cole again. Oh well if it ends up being as good as the first one I'll get over it.

My bet is they will explain some of this with the fact that in the story for the first Cole learnt to time travel.

Ice powers look AWESOME though.
KOW 2011

samurai black

he should learn to do that teleporting shit before time travelling. so annoyed you couldnt do that in the first game

stereomonkey

Alpha protocal.  Fuck I wanna smash the people that made the combat system for this game.  It is unfucking believable!  I mean shit, they got the dialogue system working fucking awesomely, but the rest of the shit is bad.

AND FUCK YOU LOAD TIMES!  You have to have this game installed on your HD or else good luck to sitting at a loading screen for an hour.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

samurai black

stuff regarding infamous 2

QuoteMacGrath does look and sound quite different than the original game. Both are deliberate. His appearance is still a work in progress, his voice is not.

Fox said that the voice actor they used for the first game got more and more gruff as the game progressed, something they didn't count on happening.

"It got to the point that we thought, 'This is not what we think of as Cole'," Fox said.

This time around they went with a different voice actor, one who they think is a better fit for the lead character's voice.

oh well. more here
http://kotaku.com/5567114/infamous-2-brings-lightning+spewing-tornadoes-to-the-big-easy