• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

The 'What are you playing right now?' Thread

Started by redtie, April 12, 2010, 07:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

originaljulz

Damn, shoulda known that before I wasted my full iron armour set. Got fucked up by those exploding guys.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

Pinolicious

All good, you would look baller with a full set of armour.

3rd night playing, turns out if you dig deeper into the generated caves (rather than carving your own hole), you can find more underground caverns.  Last night I found a lava stream flowing into a waterfall.

Instead of digging some stairs down, i thought i'd jump in the underground waterfall.  it took me deeper, darker.  zombie groans and skeleton shuffles in the distance.

was running low on torches and picks, i had a sliver of red on my last pick as i finally found my way back up.

might jump on the nz minecraft community server and check it out.
<PSN> Kriselda

Lennysaurus

Haha, I love watching the griefing videos in Minecraft.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Pinolicious

You need to get in on this action Lenny, even if you don't play long term, just buy it while it's half price, then any future updates/releases are free!

Then you can jump on some random nigerian server and grief to your hearts conent!

There's an NZ minecraft community, I'm gonna check out their server tonight
<PSN> Kriselda

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

samurai black

CrazyMobius

Anyone played Scott Pilgrim game? I downloaded the trial. It sort of plays like a cross between River City Ransom and the Konami Simpsons game. The art is really and format of the game is really cool but the fighting just doesn't feel that satisfying. Also as far as I could tell the characters are exactly the same. Just wondering if anyone else downloaded the full game and found the experience to improve after a while.

xpunch

Quote from: [PF]CrazyMobius on November 15, 2010, 05:54:43 PM
Anyone played Scott Pilgrim game? I downloaded the trial. It sort of plays like a cross between River City Ransom and the Konami Simpsons game. The art is really and format of the game is really cool but the fighting just doesn't feel that satisfying. Also as far as I could tell the characters are exactly the same. Just wondering if anyone else downloaded the full game and found the experience to improve after a while.

The enemy characterz owned me in the trial game, in like the 1st 30secs, i couldn't even hit them properly ...sigh... 

Enemies from Scott Pilgrim = Sagat from Vanilla.

Barnstorm

Its average to be honest I got the full game since i loved the comic book and the movie.

Games too hard till you level up your attacks then its too easy, not bad for 400 if its still half price.
The characters play almost identically as well and there is not much to the enemy characters

CrazyMobius

Quote from: xpunch on November 15, 2010, 06:15:59 PM
The enemy characterz owned me in the trial game, in like the 1st 30secs, i couldn't even hit them properly ...sigh... 

Enemies from Scott Pilgrim = Sagat from Vanilla.

I played on easy and I found a trick where you throw a bouncy object close to an enemy and keep punching and the object will repeatedly bounce back and fourth until the enemy dies.

It's $18.90 on PSN. Nah don't think I'll get full ver.

Squares

Quote from: [PF]CrazyMobius on November 16, 2010, 08:25:56 AM
I played on easy and I found a trick where you throw a bouncy object close to an enemy and keep punching and the object will repeatedly bounce back and fourth until the enemy dies.

It's $18.90 on PSN. Nah don't think I'll get full ver.

I got it from a friend annnd it's not fun. The first half of a level is alright but it gets really boring.
Nyaaaa

Eddy_COMBO

Found a bunch of ps1 games in my closet, so been playing them on the epsxe since my ps3 don't play ps1 discs  :'(. Games like Hogs of War, Poy Poy, Assault and Ace Combat 3. All old but still fun lol.
PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

originaljulz

Quote from: Eddy_COMBO on November 18, 2010, 02:09:24 AM
Found a bunch of ps1 games in my closet, so been playing them on the epsxe since my ps3 don't play ps1 discs  :'(. Games like Hogs of War, Poy Poy, Assault and Ace Combat 3. All old but still fun lol.

Is that... Assault Retribution?

The kinda top down, two player 3Dish Contra shoot em up type game?

If so, then holy fucking balls dude I've been wanting to play that game for years... Played it when I was like, 10 and always wanted to play it again since.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

Eddy_COMBO

Quote from: originaljulz on November 18, 2010, 02:22:36 AM
Is that... Assault Retribution?

The kinda top down, two player 3Dish Contra shoot em up type game?

If so, then holy fucking balls dude I've been wanting to play that game for years... Played it when I was like, 10 and always wanted to play it again since.

Yep that's the one. I played it when i was in intermediate. Fun and hard and annoying when playing with my cousins(when i had to jump a ledge they move back making the screen move back letting me fall to my death  :'(). Didn't finish it back then lol. But its definitely a lot easier now since i don't spam Cutter too much now  :D.

There is a copy on trademe for $7.
PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2