• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

The 'What are you playing right now?' Thread

Started by redtie, April 12, 2010, 07:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuckk

RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

[NIUE] weazzyefff

What does it take 12 gig? Fuck i got like 1 gig left. Man i really need a hard drive for my ps3. I got the 40 gb.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

geneterror

KOW 2011

CptMunta

I have 3 weeks to finish mass effect 2 and red dead. Enjoying mass effect more at the moment.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Found copies of AC: Brotherhood and Red dead at the house im housesitting at for the next month. Playing AC at the moment. I know the games are pretty linear, but i really like the story, and theyre up there with my favourite games on PS3.

Havent touched Red Dead yet.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

Quote from: CptMunta on January 02, 2011, 11:56:43 AM
I have 3 weeks to finish mass effect 2 and red dead. Enjoying mass effect more at the moment.

Mass Effect2?  One what platform? ???
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

CptMunta

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

samurai black

redtie you liar, you said spirit tracks was shit.

i just finished my 1st dungeon and i like it more than phantom hourglass

redtie

IT IS! Ok. Trust me, later on it will become shit because you will get annoyed with driving that train.

geneterror

I second that, stupid train ruined it for me.
KOW 2011

samurai black

i dont mind driving the train.

i dislike the stupid evil trains that like to crash into me  >:(

redtie

You will learn to hate the train. You get to this part where you have to drive passengers around, and they want you to drive the train a certain way.

THATS WHEN YOU WILL ALT F4!

and then you will have to take back calling me a liar. Chyea!

Chuckk

It was a 15gb download because I suppose all the game files are all on the disc, which you don't have.

As far as how it plays, I've only played it a little bit. It's like, a MMO with combat like a brawler, mini god of war/diabloesque hybrid. The setting is great though, Gotham is fucking ridic. Obviously I'm quite a Batman fan, but like it's really neat. Beta is beta though, so a lot of shit is a bit broken. I've been ganked a lot, but PVP is said to be fun however at the moment it's a stunlock fest.

The game doesn't have a great tutorial system, so other than basic combat and doing quests, a lot of the other more endgame things seem quite hard to figure out. The UI works well on a PS3, as well as an MMO could, but if you're thinking of getting the PC version, it's possibly a little awkward because it's definitely optimized for PS3, but the freedom of a mouse would be nice too.

As far as an MMO goes, if you're not into them, it's still good. I haven't got past level 9 yet (cap of 30) but it's fun so far. Flying is shit haha, just feels awkward, slow and crap. Superspeed is realllly sick but it's hard to run through doorways in small areas because if you clip the wall you run straight up it. Acrobatics so far is my personal favourite, you run faster than regular, you climb walls, and you can glide when jumping, and double jump. Not only that but with talent points YOU CAN GET A GRAPPLING HOOK AND SHIT OMGGGG. So yeah.

If you're interested Graham, honestly, you should try it out. Not for the addictive mmo bullshit but because if you're a fan of DC or even just Batman it's a lot of fun. Every quest is voice acted, the voice acting cast is INCREDIBLE,  MARK HAMILL JOKERRRR, and it plays like a fun singleplayer sandbox game but cooler. There's a bunch of stuff stashed around the cities fulled full of info about the DC universe. It will cost monthly to pay, but $20 isn't a lot, but you get 30 days free with the game to try it out.

If I was a fan of Batman, Superman, or DC, and hated MMO's, I'd still get it. You can level your dude, do some pretty awesome quests, and have a great time and not even care about end game shit.

Also Weazzy I got the 40gb as well haha fucking shit. HAd to delete install for Tekken and BBCS to make room, oh well. Also we'll have some games sometime bro but I'm so shit it'd be wasting your time.

Anyway my 2c, if you have any questions about how anything works in the game I'll login and test shit out for you. Hope some of you guys pick this up on launch just for some lols etc. looking at you smoof.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

karizzma

Going back through Red Dead Redemption again and Im still enjoying it a lot. Also Im looking for a good action rpg game. Can anyone recommend one that they have played lately?