• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Copyright protection

Started by redtie, April 18, 2010, 07:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redtie

So I got nick4now to log in on my ps3 and d/l Hd remix. After I logged him out and I made an account it doesn't work? Anyone know how get around this???

CptMunta

What?! First I've ever heard of that happening. Weird, you should just be able to go to create new user in the cross media bar and make a new user and set up an account under your name. Unless you're trying to make a new account with the user you created for Nick's account.

You can have quite a few users on your playstation but they all have separate PSN accounts.

Still on topic. I let my bro download Final Fight DI from my account and I can't play it without being signed in! What's worse I can play the game on my console for 24 hours if I've played it on his and vice versa!  >:(

Maybe Sony cracked down last update?
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

redtie

Damn thats what I was thinking cause I did update too. Haha ok I guess I will have to pay for the HD remix and Mahvel, will be online in a week or 2

Nick4now

I did a little bit of googling and have you tried this?

"To solve this problem you will need to create your old account again. Create a new user and call him what you want (Say Friends - you'll see why I call it this later). Log on with this new user and go to "PLAYSTATION network" and select "Sign Up for PLAYSTATION Network" then select "No,I will use an existing account" type in the email you had with your old account and the password and it should automatically come up with the menu screen again and be signed in with your old account.

There is still more to do - you will still not be able to play your old games. First of all go to "PLAYSTATION Network" and select "Account Management" then select "Account Management" and then select "Activate System" select "PLAYSTATION 3 (This System)" select "Game Content" and if it says "This system is currently: ACTIVE" then you are fine and you can click cancel if not just select "activate system". Basically just want your system activated.

Finally to get your games back -go to the PLAYSTATION store and select "View Downloads" at the top of the screen (you can also do all the following in the "Transaction Management" part of the "Account Management" screen). You will need to select each game on the list which is currently installed on your system (including add ons - everything installed on your system) and as soon as the message "Activating please wait" has disappeared and it starts downloading cancel the download by pressing the o button on your controller.

Once this has been done for every game you should be able to play them all - there is no need to download all the games fully, you just need to activate them again. IMPORTANT: bear in mind that you may only activate games 5 times on your system before you cannot activate them and play them anymore.

Now you need to keep the account you just put back on your system because this holds all your old downloads and games. However with your old account back on your PS3 and activated you can play the games on the new account with the new user you created (just make sure you never delete your old account again). I call the old account the friends account so that when friends come over the save games on my new account won't be ruined."

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

redtie

Man went to try this today. Had to download update! but net is capped!

Have you updated yours yet?? Can you download to usb for me?

Shot man