• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

NZism Proudly Presents - NZ Fighting Game Nationals 2010

Started by Lennysaurus, April 21, 2010, 08:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

stereomonkey

Quote from: electric on June 16, 2010, 11:10:04 AM
I did mine the other week, but haven't got an xbox to test whether it actually worked or not lol - hoping to try it at the 3v3.

Was it with the Paewang pcb or a cthulu/toodles?  I wanna know if the paewangs are fine since I'm thinking of getting two of them+case and modding them for the nationals.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

electric

Quote from: stereomonkey on June 16, 2010, 11:34:52 AM
Was it with the Paewang pcb or a cthulu/toodles?  I wanna know if the paewangs are fine since I'm thinking of getting two of them+case and modding them for the nationals.

I actually had a PS3 TE S and modded it with a 360 Fightpad - it was relatively simple

I'm pretty sure zosla has had hands on experience with the Paewang Revo pcb, but for what it's worth, they look boss - I was going to buy one until I got my Fightpad on special from MightyApe
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

stereomonkey

zos'la

haha I knew ur looking at me :P

they are the cheapest way to get dual mod mat, much better than the chutuu board or whatever, one pcb does it all and its cheap.
My stick I used at EVO Apac has a paewang PCB in it, I'm modding one for Hue atm.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

stereomonkey

Lennysaurus

Quote from: zosla on June 16, 2010, 12:54:27 PM
haha I knew ur looking at me :P

they are the cheapest way to get dual mod mat, much better than the chutuu board or whatever, one pcb does it all and its cheap.
My stick I used at EVO Apac has a paewang PCB in it, I'm modding one for Hue atm.

Unless you have some sort of hookup, the Chimp is cheaper, but yeah its more expensive, and is only a real option for peeps with 360 sticks that have a CG PCB.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

zos'la

I only had one ocasion where I had problems but now I know why, because someone press the turbo on...  but yeah apart from that nothing has gone wrong.

with the Chimp board, I've notice that they shut one of the boards down sometimes. Like the oneFong and Jack has, it tends to shut itself off automatically and fail to work at all and have to turn off and on again?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on June 16, 2010, 02:07:33 PM
I only had one ocasion where I had problems but now I know why, because someone press the turbo on...  but yeah apart from that nothing has gone wrong.

with the Chimp board, I've notice that they shut one of the boards down sometimes. Like the oneFong and Jack has, it tends to shut itself off automatically and fail to work at all and have to turn off and on again?

That sounds like a potential static issue to me.

I know i tend to blame everything on static, but static really is a bitch. Especially in TE sticks. Grounding the plates seems to have sorted it out for me. Im a few months in after i did it and im no longer having the issues i was having.

Might be worth a shot. Might not.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

I played with Andy's stick at the last ranbats on xbox and didn't notice any input delay or difference in input delay between that and Lenny's SE. Paewang seems pretty good.

My TE's still under warranty so I'm still a bit worried about modding it.

fluxcore

Quote from: zosla on June 16, 2010, 02:07:33 PM

I wouldn't be too quick to blame the cthulu for that, that's likely to be a TE pcb problem.

However Fong's cthulu was pretty roughly treated so it's possible there's something wrong with that instance of it, the cthulu itself is perfectly solid though.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

zos'la

Bill teh PCB is good, the issuee was the turbo being turned on so the button kept repeating itself thats why the focus kept cancelling I tested this.

Mason is right, there is NO delay.
SIMPLE.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on June 16, 2010, 03:39:33 PM
Bill teh PCB is good, the issuee was the turbo being turned on so the button kept repeating itself thats why the focus kept cancelling I tested this.

Mason is right, there is NO delay.
SIMPLE.

Aww yea, i dont doubt that that was the problem with your stick. You would know more about that than i do anyway.

Im talking about Jack/Fong's TE stick problem.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

It always astounds me how so many people know so much about this type of stuff!