• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

NZism Proudly Presents - NZ Fighting Game Nationals 2010

Started by Lennysaurus, April 21, 2010, 08:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

Quote from: ILL_BILL on June 16, 2010, 03:41:27 PM
Aww yea, i dont doubt that that was the problem with your stick. You would know more about that than i do anyway.

Im talking about Jack/Fong's TE stick problem.

oh Jack\ Fong stick is just poorly done or the stick got some weird problem itself :P
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

fluxcore

Back on topic, Evo has changed their stance on Ultra switching in SSF4 - now the winner CAN switch, but must select their ultra BEFORE the loser picks their ultra. Double blind still covers both character and ultra.

Probably a good time for people to start reading over the various rules and bringing up any issues they may have, btw.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

electric

Quote from: fluxcore on June 21, 2010, 04:15:01 PM
Back on topic, Evo has changed their stance on Ultra switching in SSF4 - now the winner CAN switch, but must select their ultra BEFORE the loser picks their ultra. Double blind still covers both character and ultra.

Probably a good time for people to start reading over the various rules and bringing up any issues they may have, btw.

Sounds like a good idea - some characters have match ups where one ultra is highly preferred - although I do understand the reasoning behind their original decision too
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

massi4h

Glad they added that, still think the original double blind should first be character, then ultra. It makes people scared to choose say Chun Li, then pick U2 and end up fighting Ryu.

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

Quote from: massi4h on June 21, 2010, 04:30:28 PM
Glad they added that, still think the original double blind should first be character, then ultra. It makes people scared to choose say Chun Li, then pick U2 and end up fighting Ryu.

That's possibly something we could do... would need some discussion though. Anyone have comments on this vs one-shot blind selection?

edit: except smoof who posted before I replied, his opinion is null and void

CrazyMobius

I agree that Ultra should be able to be changed as this was Capcom's intention for being able to select the Ultra when the other player's character choice was visible.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: fluxcore on June 21, 2010, 04:15:01 PM
Evo has changed their stance on Ultra switching in SSF4 - now the winner CAN switch, but must select their ultra BEFORE the loser picks their ultra. Double blind still covers both character and ultra.

Now that makes more sense

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I have to agree with Mason and smoof on that point.

I just think that the match should have both players in the most advantageous situation possible depending on the matchup that was decided in the blind select. Which would mean you should be able to choose your ultra upon seeing your opponents character choice.

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

If you practice and have believe in your skill, it doenst matter what altra u choose.

100% true!

In other news, I am so goddamn hype for Nats!!!

WOOT!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

moose!

HYPE!
HYPE!
HYPE!
HYPE!
HYPE!
HYPE!
HYPE!
HYPE!
HYPE!
HYPE!

More signups! Can we fill 32 man brackets for the 2nd tier games?!

CrazyMobius

So the last 3v3 was pretty cramped. Had to get out of the building a number of times due to stuffiness. Also it was really hard getting through that bottleneck by where the games were played before the big screen set up. Is their anyway Giga can be paid to move that big circle of tables in the middle? Paid money I mean. Otherwise maybe advertising for the nationals is not such a good idea if the venue can't accommodate for all the people there.

Rorooze

That circle has like 12+ PC's all earning decent $$ per hour so they won't move it for a 3v3 tournament.

IIRC for nationals we've got that whole space, so no worries.

zos'la

The only reason it was cramped was because we had a clash with a DOTA tournament on the same day which they used those pc in the circle.
If Lenny wanted to, he could talk to the owner and sort things out a bit with spacing issues.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.