• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

NZism Proudly Presents - NZ Fighting Game Nationals 2010

Started by Lennysaurus, April 21, 2010, 08:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cr8zyK1LL3r

What about side-bet suicide match ?
It's more hype when your life depends on someone else.

Hydro

oh man, now we gots weaze calling andy a scrub, delicious.

It's like justin beiber vs bass hunter. I don't care who the fuck wins as long as the loser gets killed.

Skullator

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on August 09, 2010, 05:05:16 PM
What about side-bet suicide match ?
It's more hype when your life depends on someone else.

Hahahaha, classic.

fluxcore

The main problem is that there are a bunch of cheerleaders on the sidelines going "yeah yeah money match do it" in tiny girly voices.

A good money match is made when two people actually diss each OTHER to the point they want to money match, rather than having a bunch of pussies trying to goad them into one. It's pretty sad to watch actually.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Andy called Weazzy a scrub. Weazzy has retorted by calling Andy a scrub. How the fuck else is this gonna get resolved without ACTUALLY playing? Maybe money doesnt HAVE to be on the line, but it sure as hell makes it more interesting. If people want to see people play off to prove a point, then why the hell wouldnt they suggest a money match? It adds urgency to their games, and makes every little slip up count even more. I get where youre coming from bro, but you didn't get to experience the hype of me vs skull, or smoof vs buda, which is a shame. I honestly believe it would change your outlook considerably. Ive never been so on edge, or enjoyed a game as much as that, and i havent ever seen the crowd that animated. The money matches have been really fucking awesome experiences, which is why people are crying out for more.

I said before it needs more trash talk. And shit here hasnt quite escalated far enough TBH. But honestly, peoples bloodlust at this point is pretty justified. The MM hype strikes me as being very drug-like. The first one was really really awesome, so people are going to be after that experience again. And theres nothing wrong with that. In Alan's defence though, It is getting to the point where upon seeing a small spark of conflict, the money match cries are going out. I think if people REALLY want to start seeing GOOD money matches, we need to just let conflicts escalate before crying out for them to be settled in some sort of fight.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

moose!

Just wait patiently for Saturday night of Nats where dudes get a bit drunk and start running their mouths.
Hungover/Grudge/Money matches galore on sunday.

Talk smack
Sober up
? ? ? ?
Profit

fluxcore

If neither of  the participants are actually jonesing to money match, which these two clearly aren't for various reasons, then just shut up and leave them alone imo. Or at least take it to a new thread rather than filling other threads up with trash.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Skullator

Yea fair points made by all.
Let's just let the sands of time flow, eventually worthy beef will rise and MM3 will be in the making no questions asked.

I'm sure people are just eager to make sure SOMETHING comes up before nats tho yea ;D With everyone together at the one event we can't afford to miss out on those hype levels, because as Bill mentioned already the atomosphere surrounding the MM's has been completely unmatched by anything else I've ever seen.
I seriously lost my voice at Buda vs Smoof the other day, every single combo people were yelling top of their lungs hahaha.

But yea, this topic got cluttered with MM talk haha

electric

Let's try get this thread back on topic then...

Anyone here have any goals they're looking to attain ? Besides the obvious "I want to win", I think it'd be kinda interesting to see whether anyone has some personal goals for this years Nats.

I have a few:

Have better wins than losses (at least 3-2)
Be able to adjust to the set up quickly
Beat any Chun's I come up against (Skullator eliminated me at last years nats)

And more optimistically:

Top 8 finish

Some of you may scoff at those goals seeing as I almost exclusively play online, but I want it - so fuck you all :D
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore

If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favourable.

Good stuff imo.

Skullator

My goal is just to make sure I give it my all.
As long as I know that I played at my peak without making silly mistakes, I'll be happy regardless of where I end up placing.

Flash

I wanna beat weazzys bison, my nutz your chin.
that is all

****Up or i'll scratch yo face with my stubby little arms!

Lennysaurus

Quote from: martinizzle on August 09, 2010, 11:13:43 PM
I wanna beat weazzys bison, my nutz your chin.
that is all

Oh god.  You have no idea the endless tirade of meaningless shit you have unwittingly unleashed on this forum do you?

God bless us all.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] weazzyefff

My goals is to play my best and not let anything like set ups, or nerves get to me. Get used to the setup before it starts is an obvious one.

And i just want Andy to come something over 30.

Oh and to make it there....sober as well.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!