• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

NZism Proudly Presents - NZ Fighting Game Nationals 2010

Started by Lennysaurus, April 21, 2010, 08:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

My placing doesnt bother me too much, but i would like to not drop my pressure like i have been at the last couple of ranbats. Admittedly, that just means i need to play more on the setup, and is just a slightly more specific version of what weazzy wants.

Its been THE major component of all my losses in the last few ranbats/tourneys, and its hindering me a lot. Ive had to go back to splash mountain, which against the players ive lost to (Hydro in particular) it just doesnt work. Its been restricting my game to one dimensional crap, and im not particularly happy about it tbh, especially given that thats not how i play. Its a flaw i need to beat out of me if i am to be even remotely succesful. Ill be putting a fair bit of time in offline over the next week or 2 trying to suss out my strings and re evaluating my spacing. It SHOULD in theory, not only negate the loss of inputs etc due to the 'no lag' factor, but also allow me to play a safer game overall.

Im hoping that will allow for some more interesting matches with people who have a playstyle that i have trouble with. Fong, Hydro, Andy and Guile Guy are my four biggest hurdles this year for that reason, and a major goal of mine would be to take a match from one of those four. Not sure how realistic it is at this point, but i figure - Aim for the stars, land on the treetops.

And If i lose to a random scrub again because i overthink the match, ill be really really fucking annoyed at myself.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

My goal is to beat some people. I hope Hydro takes it this year.

zos'la

@weazzy,
FYI, I have never come anywhere below top 5 in NZ tournaments, unlike you Mr 37th or was it 47th?....but nice try.

back on topic,
This years Nationals will be a big suprize to many as I said before, the skill lvl of many players have risen up and the top players from last year will have plenty of hard time against many newer upcomings. I wish you all the best with your goals :)

I will try to squeeze some time in to practice a bit more before the nationals and hopefully I don't do too bad^^ !
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

HoneyBadger

Quote from: [FSR] BIRRY WONG on August 09, 2010, 07:33:48 PM

I said before it needs more trash talk. And shit here hasnt quite escalated far enough TBH. But honestly, peoples bloodlust at this point is pretty justified. The MM hype strikes me as being very drug-like. The first one was really really awesome, so people are going to be after that experience again. And theres nothing wrong with that. In Alan's defence though, It is getting to the point where upon seeing a small spark of conflict, the money match cries are going out. I think if people REALLY want to start seeing GOOD money matches, we need to just let conflicts escalate before crying out for them to be settled in some sort of fight.

All of this can be settled by STARTING YOUR OWN MONEY MATCH. Out of all the people in this thread going "MONEY MATCH! MONEY MATCH!" two people have been willing to have their own mm. Yes it was hype, yes I enjoyed it but right now all I see is a bunch of people who don't have enough balls to start their own mm because they're not confident in their own skills. If people want to see a money match, start your own, otherwise don't talk until the mm has actually started. We don't need conflict for hype either. A smoof vs UMEHALA vs U-MANDIZLE of Puke vs BIRRY WONG battle royale many games match would be fucking hype whether it involved money or not.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: [â,,¢Âªv]OLEET on August 10, 2010, 09:31:00 AM
All of this can be settled by STARTING YOUR OWN MONEY MATCH. Out of all the people in this thread going "MONEY MATCH! MONEY MATCH!" two people have been willing to have their own mm. Yes it was hype, yes I enjoyed it but right now all I see is a bunch of people who don't have enough balls to start their own mm because they're not confident in their own skills. If people want to see a money match, start your own, otherwise don't talk until the mm has actually started. We don't need conflict for hype either. A smoof vs UMEHALA vs U-MANDIZLE of Puke vs BIRRY WONG battle royale many games match would be fucking hype whether it involved money or not.

RUN AND TELL THAT, HOMEBOY
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Quote from: [FSR] BIRRY WONG on August 10, 2010, 09:42:28 AM
RUN AND TELL THAT, HOMEBOY

Fuck you Bill - I had that song stuck in my head for 3 hours this morning since about 4am. DO NOT BRING IT BACK
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: electric on August 10, 2010, 09:53:56 AM
Fuck you Bill - I had that song stuck in my head for 3 hours this morning since about 4am. DO NOT BRING IT BACK

Sooooooooo gangsta
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: [â,,¢Âªv]OLEET on August 10, 2010, 09:31:00 AM

Yeah there's no way I'd have the confidence to start my own money match. I would just look like a dick if I lost and I would probably lose because of the pressure. Why would I want to throw my money away? I would also never gamble on a money match as you can never tell who will win. The reason I taunted the Andy vs Weazy one in particular is because of the excuses being made. Why not just say I don't want to play because I'm not sure if I would win?

HoneyBadger

My point is that the Andy x Weazzy mm wasn't even going to be an mm until someone else said it. It's ok to go around trying to start a money match if you're willing to have one yourself, it's also all good to get hype over an mm that is going to be in progress. Starting an mm between people who aren't yourself is kinda stink imo, no matter what the reasoning.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

zos'la

@slight correction for you Mobious:
Why would I be scared? its not like I havent proven myself to be it situations where I play the biggest tournaments and against the top players in NZ, AUS without any problems? and also why would I be bother this so called MM where it has no meaning to it? just because a bunch of people screaming for it? why do I need to entertain you guys? waste my time.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on August 10, 2010, 11:02:13 AM
@slight correction for you Mobious:
Why would I be scared? its not like I havent proven myself to be it situations where I play the biggest tournaments and against the top players in NZ, AUS without any problems? and also why would I be bother this so called MM where it has no meaning to it? just because a bunch of people screaming for it? why do I need to entertain you guys? waste my time.

Why would you bother? Dont know if you read the following:

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on August 09, 2010, 04:57:06 PM
Man Andy's just a scrub. Ryu not even a bad match up for me. I would MM him any day if i had the cash.

He thinks he's this godlike player or something, he aint shit - real talk.

Put some money down on him and you will fell like an idiot hahhaahahah.

You would bother because weazzy reckons youre a scrub, and is openly trashing your skills for everyone to hear. Similar to how you are doing to him in the XBL Shout outs topic.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

what im shooting for this year at nats.

- aiming for a decent placing in marvel despite no practice
- hoping to not get knocked the fuck out in ssf4 so quickly this year
- scrub someone out at 3S
- be the man at HDR and lose like a bitch
- get juggled to fuck in tekken 6

zos'la

@ Bill,
We all know Weazy shit talks everyone he come across, its like its NOT normal if he doesn't. He know exactly where he stands as a SF4 player.
People need to tame their concious or else u will never improve.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on August 10, 2010, 11:31:41 AM
@ Bill,
We all know Weazy shit talks everyone he come across, its like its NOT normal if he doesn't. He know exactly where he stands as a SF4 player.
People need to tame their concious or else u will never improve.

NO. WE NEED MORE ANGER. :P
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Quote from: samurai black on August 10, 2010, 11:26:29 AM