• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

NZism Proudly Presents - NZ Fighting Game Nationals 2010

Started by Lennysaurus, April 21, 2010, 08:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

Yeah pretty much same as Richard lol.

My main goal for ssf4 is to at least nail all my combos and punishes. If I can get all that down fine, then I won't be so salty when I lose.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: zosla on August 10, 2010, 11:31:41 AM
@ Bill,
We all know Weazy shit talks everyone he come across, its like its NOT normal if he doesn't. He know exactly where he stands as a SF4 player.
People need to tame their concious or else u will never improve.

at Zosla.

I don't know why you've got this idea that Weazy is some sort of scrub. Anyways I'm done before I get called up on this again.

zos'la

Quote from: CrazyMobius on August 10, 2010, 12:31:10 PM
at Zosla.

I don't know why you've got this idea that Weazy is some sort of scrub. Anyways I'm done before I get called up on this again.

I don't think I ever called him a scrub? only him calling mE :) I said he knows where he stands as a SF4 player, that depends on himself of what he think he is but in reality it might not be what he thinks or anyone else, its teh result that shows.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Lennysaurus

Okay guys, I have been getting a few queries on how money will be paid out at the nationals so I am making this post to clear a few things up.

Before you read further though, you guys need to appreciate that this event is not about getting "phat" payouts for the top 3 in a game.  Id you are coming to win a massive prize then you need to re-evaluate whether or not you should come at all.  We are a small community, with little or no ability to get big sponsors.  The  reality is that if you're in our community at the moment, you're doing it for the love of it, not fame, female/male companionship, or money.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Initial Cost for entering the tourney is $15-00.  Each game an entrant wishes to enter will infer an additional cost of $5-00. (Hence the $20-00 entry fee and and extra $5-00 per each extra game someone wants to enter)

All tournament registration fee's ($15-00) will be pooled together.  Out of this cost will come hiring of the facility for the two day event.  Left over money will be distributed to the prize pot for each game in the following fashion.

(Number of entrants in the game) / (The sum of the number of entrants in all games) x 100.

The above equation will give a percentage amount, of which that percentage will be put aside for the prize pot of that particular game.  For example:

If Street Fighter III Third strike has 22 entrants and there are 144 entrants in all games then,
22/144 x 100 = 15.28%

Therefore 15.28% percent of the money left over after costs will be contributed towards the Street Fighter III Third strike  tournaments prize pot. 

Furthermore, each $5-00 tournament fee for each game will also contribute to that games pot.

After calculation of the prize pot has been completed for each game, the pot will be distributed  to the tops 3 places of the tournament in the following manner:

First place will receive 60% of the prize pot for that game
Second place will receive 30% of the prize pot for that game
Third place will receive 10% of the prize pot for that game
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that's how the money will be split up.  If you're even half decent with your math's you will realize that the pots aren't going to be huge.  And that placing top in a game isn't exactly going to sort your rent out for the next couple of weeks.

In the end if you are coming to NZism tournaments at the moment to take the prize money then you should probably start learning to play something else.  I hope that one day we can throw events where people come from far and wide due to the massive amounts of prizes and prize money we will have, but this years nationals certainly is not that.

BTW guys I did not post this up to get your opinion and feedback on the matter.  This is simply clearing up some misinformation that made its way to me.  I am not providing you with an opportunity to help me think of a better way, I am just letting you know that this is how it is going to happen.  If you have a problem with this your options are to either suck it up and come anyway, or stay home.

Lenny

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

zos'la

goo dupdate Lenny,
Might pay to put this on teh first post or something near teh top of the thread.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

And i take it that $20 fee is just for people that pre-registered before July 31st? Or have things changed?
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

Yeah thats right bill.  Everyone who registers after July 31st is paying $30-00 as mentioned in the original post.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Andy bro i don't shit talk anyone. You always just come outta nowhere like ' hmmph, these people are scrubs, i'm too good for them hahahahahha' sort of attitude. That sort of attitude pisses me off, you don't get any respect that way. Even if you are really good stay humble or you look like a dick. I'm humble as and don't talk shit.

First to 10 games for no money and i will make you look like my bitch - real mother fucking talk.

I know exactly where i am as a player and that's why i know i can beast you, you Ryu using shit talking bad english speaking scrub.

Only thing i'm jealous of is your pretty alright missus, real talk she pretty fine cuzz.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Skullator

Hydro

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on August 10, 2010, 10:20:27 PM
Andy bro i don't shit talk anyone. You always just come outta nowhere like ' hmmph, these people are scrubs, i'm too good for them hahahahahha' sort of attitude. That sort of attitude pisses me off, you don't get any respect that way. Even if you are really good stay humble or you look like a dick. I'm humble as and don't talk shit.

First to 10 games for no money and i will make you look like my bitch - real mother fucking talk.

I know exactly where i am as a player and that's why i know i can beast you, you Ryu using shit talking bad english speaking scrub.

Only thing i'm jealous of is your pretty alright missus, real talk she pretty fine cuzz.

DELICIOUS  ;D

Cr8zyK1LL3r

What about loser commit suicide after the match ?? There's no money being involved in that.
Just my suggestion ^_^

Hydro

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on August 11, 2010, 01:44:26 AM
What about loser commit suicide after the match ?? There's no money being involved in that.
Just my suggestion ^_^

x100000000000

:D

zos'la

I'll take the compliment on my woman. ty.

and you're on :) see you  then.

Skullator

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA