• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

NZism Proudly Presents - NZ Fighting Game Nationals 2010

Started by Lennysaurus, April 21, 2010, 08:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stereomonkey

Hope everybody has read all of Lenny's do's and don'ts because there will be no mercy on the day of the tournament.  Okay guys :)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

electric

Just a few questions as I'm not sure whether they've been answered before

* Registration starts at 9am, what time will stuff be kicking off ? Will there be some time for warm ups so we can get used to the set ups ?
* How many set ups are there going to be and for which games ? I think I recall someone saying there will be 6-7 set ups... 1 set up for each game and then 2/3 for SSF4 ? Maybe this will depend on registration numbers
* How does the Saturday/Sunday thing work ? I may have asked before but I've forgotten lol - will Sunday be dedicated solely to finals/top 16/whatever ? Even if this means we over run on Saturday ?
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Lennysaurus

Theres gonna be 5 HD setups and 1 SD setup.

Sunday will be For top 4 in all games except Street Fighter IV which will be top 8.

TBH Eru, there will likely be little time for people to get practice on the setups in the morning, since we have alot to get through on the first day.

Timetable:
Saturday August 21st 2010

The aim of the first day is to complete as many game as possible in order to ascertain the final 8 for each tournament.  Once the final 8 for a game have been determined, then first day play for that game will end.

9-00am till 10-00am      
Event begins.  Competitors will have entry fees taken and will be                entered into the tournament.  No entries will be accepted after 10-00am.

10-00am till 10-30am   
General welcome to entrants.  Brief rundown of the day and    housekeeping completed.

10-30am till 12-30pm   
First round of tournament games begin.  Super Street Fighter IV will be played on all HD setups.  Games are estimated to take approximately 15 mins each, including setup and changing over of contestants.   Street Fighter III Third Strike will be                      played on the SD setup.

12-30pm till 1-00pm
Lunch Break

1-00pm till 3-00pm
Second round of tournament games begin.  Tekken 6 will be    played on 2 HD setups, Super Street Fighter IV will be played on 3 HD Setups.  Street Fighter III Third Strike will be played on the SD setup until final four are determined.  Then SD setup will be used for MVC2 for remainder of the day.  Games are estimated to take approximately 15 mins each, including setup and changing over of contestants.

3-00pm till Finish      
Third round of tournament games begin.  Super Street Fighter II HD Remix will be played on 2 HD setups, Super Street Fighter IV    will be played on the remaining HD Setups.  Games are estimated to take approximately 15 mins each including setup and changing                over of contestants.

Timetable:
Sunday August 22nd 2010

Aim of the second day is to complete all games of the tournament.  First round of each game will be to complete the bracket for each game.

9-00am till 10-00am      
Setup and prep for the day

10-00am onward      
Finalists for each game will play untile the brackets are completed                in this order”
               Super Street Fighter II HD Remix
               Street Fighter 3 Third Strike
               Marvel Versus Capcom 2
   `            Tekken 6 BR
               Super Street Fighter IV

There will be a one hour break for lunch from 12pm till 1pm Games will continue till they are completed.  Prize giving will commence approximately half an hour after the Super Street Fighter IV grand final.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

geneterror

Hey Lenny I've got 3 days off leading up to Nats to hang out with out of towners like Moose! etc. Any chance we can have a training session one day for the out of towners and myself to get used to the setups etc. I don't mind organising etc.
I'm sure they would appreciate some time on the setups etc. I only ask because I don't know if the monitor is a Giga monitor or if I have to arrange the moniter with someone else. I'm happy to put down $50 plus for hireage but I can't bring Xbox sticks only PS3 sticks.
Maybe I should make a seperate thread to arrange this if people are keen?
KOW 2011

Lennysaurus

Quote from: geneterror on August 11, 2010, 10:21:09 AM
Hey Lenny I've got 3 days off leading up to Nats to hang out with out of towners like Moose! etc. Any chance we can have a training session one day for the out of towners and myself to get used to the setups etc. I don't mind organising etc.
I'm sure they would appreciate some time on the setups etc. I only ask because I don't know if the monitor is a Giga monitor or if I have to arrange the moniter with someone else. I'm happy to put down $50 plus for hireage but I can't bring Xbox sticks only PS3 sticks.
Maybe I should make a seperate thread to arrange this if people are keen?

All good dude.  Ive got Ioane staying with me so we can pop up and have a Jam.  Name the day and time and I can organise XBOX sticks.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Ive got the Thursday and Friday off as well so i might have to JI on those jam sessions.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

geneterror

Lenny, will be mean to cath up with Ioane!

I'm gonna go start a seperate thread for this.
KOW 2011

CrazyMobius

Quote from: geneterror on August 11, 2010, 10:29:51 AM
Lenny, will be mean to cath up with Ioane!

I'm gonna go start a seperate thread for this.

Holy shit Ioane gets his own threads!  :o

zos'la

Just to let u guys know...The owner of Giga is out of town, good luck in organizing something with those.. errr Giga girls...yuck. They just get worst by the day....
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on August 11, 2010, 10:33:50 AM
Just to let u guys know...The owner of Giga is out of town, good luck in organizing something with those.. errr Giga girls...yuck. They just get worst by the day....

Yea Tony has already let Lenny know. I just hope he tells the people working at GIGA whats going on so that we can actually get shit sorted.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

Wow really getting excited oops I mean "hype" for these nationals now. I will probably suck goats ass but tis exciting none the less.

Skullator

Quote from: zosla on August 11, 2010, 10:33:50 AM

Am I missing something? They've always looked pretty up to the task to me! Haha.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Skullator on August 11, 2010, 10:40:12 AM
Am I missing something? They've always looked pretty up to the task to me! Haha.

If they dont have both lady parts AND boy parts, Andy isnt interested.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

If we have it on the Friday I will bring heb and Oro
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

massi4h

I'm keen for Giga practice next friday. And shot Lenny, looks well organised.