• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

HSS-136 clone mod

Started by rugdoctor, April 23, 2010, 11:50:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

Quote from: fluxcore on May 12, 2010, 12:09:13 PM

yeah sorry what andy said

::)

actually it was u who taugh me this Alan :P
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

rugdoctor

hmmm....dont really fancy cutting up the pcb...will it be ok if I desolder the microswitch from the pcb and daisy chain 2 of the switches for "G" and 2 for "V"?
All your sticks belong to me!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on May 12, 2010, 12:44:43 PM

You both said the same thing, except you included a sweet ascii diagram.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

rugdoctor

Quote from: zosla on May 12, 2010, 12:44:43 PM

Thanks Alan, thanks Andy.

fluxcore

Quote from: rugdoctor on May 12, 2010, 01:16:03 PM
hmmm....dont really fancy cutting up the pcb...will it be ok if I desolder the microswitch from the pcb and daisy chain 2 of the switches for "G" and 2 for "V"?

As long as it's not difficult to keep the contact broken this should work. I don't have a sanwa on me to be able to tell you how hard this would be, should be ok though. And there's always electrical tape if you need a bit of buffer :)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

there is not problem cutting the PCB, its easy and if you find later that you want the pcb to be common ground, just soldier a wire on both ends to connect it back, thats what I do all teh time.
But in saying so make sure ur proficient in soldiering and eletronics as you dun want to cut the wrong part of the pcb LOL.

rugdoctor

hmmm...just had a thought...could I use the wire harness to wire up the microswitches and use 2 wires connect 2 of the microswitches to "G" and the other 2 to "V". Will use the original stock pcb to find out which to which.

fluxcore

The button specific wires aren't the problem, it's the grounds.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

mate, trust me. the way I told you is the easiest without making too much of a mess.
you're over complicating it for urself.
its easy and works, just do it :P

rugdoctor

OK...I will give it a go tonight then...can you show me exactly where to cut on a photo of the pcb? I will use a craft knife. And how to ground the switches please.

zos'la

i'll upload a picture later tonight when i get home.

rugdoctor

zos'la

OK,
here is the picture I was supose to post up last night but got busy fixing a mate's arcade stick.

Practically what you want to achieve here is to split G1/G2 from G3/G4. So cut the PCB from the RED mark line. Make sure you don't cut the dark green line which runs around the circuit board, only cut up to the end of the lighter green part of the board.
Also you only need to cut deep enought through the green padding on the PCB and nto right throught...
Test that G1 and G2 are connect with a multi meter thingy and G3 and G4 are connected, if G1\G2 is still connected to G3/G4 then you haven't cut deep enought.

rugdoctor

OK, gotcha...only cut the light green bit up to where the dark green trace. After that, do I wire the stick like normal or is there further solder points?

zos'la

well next each of teh G1-4 is a signal point. use those as it will be easier.
You say only down and left works correct? then soldier G1/2 + its signal to down/left then do teh same for up and right to G3\4 and its singal to the other. G1\G2 + signal to the first earth\ ground+ signal on the MAIN PCB and G3\G4 +signal to the second earth\ ground +signla on the MAIN PCB.

hard to explain lol.