• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

HSS-136 clone mod

Started by rugdoctor, April 23, 2010, 11:50:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rugdoctor

Quote from: zosla on May 13, 2010, 01:53:20 PM
... then soldier G1/2 + its signal to down/left then do teh same for up and right to G3\4 and its singal to the other.

Can I use the wire harness to do that?

Quote from: zosla on May 13, 2010, 01:53:20 PM
G1\G2 + signal to the first earth\ ground+ signal on the MAIN PCB and G3\G4 +signal to the second earth\ ground +signla on the MAIN PCB.

Will the wire harness take care of 2 of the switches (if so which ones?) and how to hook up the other 2?
All your sticks belong to me!

zos'la

u could possibly use the hardness for the signals but the ground u will need to wire them serperately so u know which one is which, just makes it easier. but the wirehardness may be able to do all teh signlas +1 of set the Ground signal but which one you will have to figure out as I am too lazy to trace it :P
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

rugdoctor

where to solder the other set of ground? Is it the "com" or "NC" point of the switch? The solder on the sanwa pcb seems to be coated with "glue" or something preventing the solder to melt it, do I need to keep the iron on it or scrap it off with something..

zos'la

u told me there are 2 sets of ground on teh MAIN PCB so one set each

rugdoctor

yes, thats right, 2 sets grounds, 1 set will be taken care of by the ground wire from the harness, but how do I wire up the other set? Which solder points on the pcb do I gun for??

zos'la

Does this make sense?
BLue line is ur second set of ground from ur stick's PCB to the hardner which spliting into 2 wires which then leads to ur MAIN PCB ground 2.
Red line is ur first set of ground from ur stick's PCB, , 2x wire linking to eaching other then that links to the MAIN PCB ground 1.
Something like that.

rugdoctor

Yes, makes sense! Thanks alot!

rugdoctor

Just finished the mod this morning, the final step was to bend the sanwa buttons contacts so that the whole thing can be closed up! Cellotaped a piece of cardboard to the bottom plate so the buttons pcb dont make contact with it.

Many thanks Alan and Andy!