• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

PSN Mentor thread.

Started by CrazyMobius, April 25, 2010, 10:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scribble

I'm not good enough for mentor, but if anyone wants to talk makoto hit me up

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I feel the same about Dee Jay. Ill be playing him seriously, but im not going to offer my mentor services until i dont suck.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Rorooze

Quote from: ILL_BILL on April 29, 2010, 12:41:33 PM
I feel the same about Dee Jay. Ill be playing him seriously, but im not going to offer my mentor services until i dont suck.

You maining or alting deejay? If you're maining him I don't want to :p

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Alt bro. Not dropping fuerte.

Admittedly, im feeling Dee Jay less and less the more i play him. I need to give all the new characters a try. Im liking the look of Guy/Ibuki so far. But theyre both probably going to be a bit too popular for my liking.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

scribble

Quote from: ILL_BILL on April 30, 2010, 09:58:33 PM
Admittedly, im feeling Dee Jay less and less the more i play him. I need to give all the new characters a try. Im liking the look of Guy/Ibuki so far. But theyre both probably going to be a bit too popular for my liking.

Any particular reason or just not your style?
liking DeeJay in the rog matchup so far. His Cr.RH seems to stop alot of stuff.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Not my style mainly. He has some cool stuff, but i just wanted to rush that shit down. His crossup is awesome, and he has 1000 ways to knock your ass down and set up crossup/jd.lk shenanigans. But i dunno. I might end up going back to him. Im still trying to feel out the new characters to see who suits me the best.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: ILL_BILL on May 01, 2010, 10:36:46 AM
Not my style mainly. He has some cool stuff, but i just wanted to rush that shit down. His crossup is awesome, and he has 1000 ways to knock your ass down and set up crossup/jd.lk shenanigans. But i dunno. I might end up going back to him. Im still trying to feel out the new characters to see who suits me the best.

Cant even listen to you guys talk about this game ay. It makes the bourbon in my blood boil.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

DevconPrime

TOO new for the mentor scene ;D

APPRENTICE
PSN ID: DevconPrime
Game: SSF4
Char: Abel, Dudley, Cody.

scribble

APPRENTICE
Char: Ibuki, Viper, Rufus

CptMunta

Quote from: Arkade on May 14, 2010, 03:10:25 AM
APPRENTICE
Char: Ibuki, Rose, Adon, Sakura, Rufus

Looking for a third Char atm. Would be interested in learning one of these Chars

I could teach some you some Rose. I'm just on really sporadically that's all. Next time I'm online and free I can shoot you an invite that way we can rock some mirrors in 5 round battles. She's pretty easy to pick up I reckon. Only a few of her Ultra 2 setups are a tad execution heavy.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

scribble

Quote from: CptMunta on June 01, 2010, 01:44:04 PM
I could teach some you some Rose. I'm just on really sporadically that's all. Next time I'm online and free I can shoot you an invite that way we can rock some mirrors in 5 round battles. She's pretty easy to pick up I reckon. Only a few of her Ultra 2 setups are a tad execution heavy.

Sweet! sounds good

Snake1337

If anyone can help me improve my dudley game it would be much appreciated even just some specific matchup stratigies(specially against dhalsim lol) and would be really keen to learn vega properly too.
I'D LIKE SOME POUND CAKE!

zos'la

Quote from: Snake1337 on June 21, 2010, 01:39:57 AM
If anyone can help me improve my dudley game it would be much appreciated even just some specific matchup stratigies(specially against dhalsim lol) and would be really keen to learn vega properly too.

it sounds like u have problem against flash dhalsim and hydros vega? As dudly you can't get in close enuff to dish out the dmg?
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Snake1337

Quote from: zosla on June 21, 2010, 08:43:16 AM
it sounds like u have problem against flash dhalsim and hydros vega? As dudly you can't get in close enuff to dish out the dmg?
That's exactly the problem i seem to be faced with lol i have no other experiance playing against sim so its hard trying to figure what i should do, any suggestions? oh and the vega comment was meant as a apprentice request lol
I'D LIKE SOME POUND CAKE!

zos'la

after playing FLash for about 5-7 games, his Dhalsim is the usual type, run away safe, hit and very rarely take his chances at closeup and as Dudely u will have a really hardtime.
I am not much of a dudely player but when I use char such as Cammy who needs to get in close for the dmg, I tend to focus myself in or catch him with his pokes, do anything to get that knockdown. Once ur in, don't let him out until u show him that he not dare to let u in again. Its a hard game because Dhalsim has got really good zoning tool and you will have to play ur mixup game very well up close, bait him tech throws and pokes up close. Ther eis nothing u can do if u can't get it, just remember that.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.