• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

PSN Mentor thread.

Started by CrazyMobius, April 25, 2010, 10:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

Heres my experience as a Sim player against Dudley.

If sim whiffs standing feirce at full screen you can punish on reaction with stand feirce or even standing roundhouse xx EX MGB but thats really hard.

At 3/4 to 2/3 screen range you can focus through his limbs, but at close range dont as he can OS your focus attempts.

Dont use ducking too much as most sims can react to it with back+short.  Also never try to duck through yoga fires as you'll eat feirce.

at mid range you can get some success with the counter move, but use it VERY sparingly as if the sim isnt pushing a button when you do it he gets a free teleport combo which hurts like fuck.

At mid range if you are ducking and sim whifs a standing forward or roundhouse, you can get a dp out of it.

When you finally get in, try not to jump at all cause all of sims aa options beat dudley out really easily.  use loads of st feirce and stnd roundhouse xx ducking to keep the pressure on.  DONT BE PREDICTABLE WITH YOUR THROWS.  One throw tech from sim and he gets to push you out pretty easily unless you take some risks.

Also if you block or even get hit by a yoga sniper, you can punish with EX MGB iirc.  XPunch can prob help you witht his match as he plays against my sim semi regular.

All in all its a shit match for Dudley... YAY SIM!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Snake1337

Yeah it really isnt the greatest matchup but the fun is in the challenge of trying to get good enough to overcome him lol. Ill def take the minimal ducking to account and the no jumping in close, tbh i try not to use jump ins but i cant seem to find many more ways to set up my target combos unless its dash through a hadouken from shoto. but thanks for the responses Zosla nd Lenny
I'D LIKE SOME POUND CAKE!

xpunch

This will help with the Dudley vs Sim match up practise that and it will become very rewarding when you land it and could lead to massive combo mix up damage stun that mofo then kill him off lolz. I like this match up but its very hard to win this match lolz.

F.mk is beastly for tick throw setups and  jet upper/super/ultra/ex ssb setups. like Lenny said don't get predictable as im always Mr predictable lolz but once you find a pattern and your opponent clicks to what your doing, turn your tick throw into a jet upper walk up like your gna throw then change the game plan.

You gotta take calculated risks with Dudley and they will pay off, never get into a pattern with your overheads, low high combos, and throws, make sure you space yourself good after you score a knockdown sometimes when you stand in a certain place your opponent will know what move you would do, too far from the opponent they will expect a c.hk since they know your not in range for an overhead or a low high target combo etc.., just try not to stand still when you score a knockdown walk back and forward even neutral jump is somethimes good. Dudley is all about the mix ups so don't be scared to throw out the party staters. s.hp and s.hk are beastly in this match.

once Sim's in the corner NEVER jump put the pressure on and don't forget about sims lk slide into throw its a killah. also s.hk is good for teleport attempts will auto correct and has good recovery if whiffed so you can just mash it lol. Sims snipe can trade in your favour with s.hp and f.hp which is good but you have to know when to do it.  you can punish a blocked hk with ex mgun.

You don't have to kill Sim, you can get in the damage and play it cool kick back in the corner if your that confident and just keep him out, sim doesn't want to be up close and personal he wants you to try and get him, make Sim the frustrated one,  his moves dont take off much when you block them, all his long range pokes do nothing and thats where most of Sim's damage comes from, as soon as the match starts go for broke, you just gotta watch the teleport and thats when the s.hk comes in to play. Also play around with your jump in's sometimes you can catch Sim off gaurd, ducking into jump in. ducking into f.hp, focus a limb dash forward into s.hk, just change it up and be random but make sure your in control  ;D

also watch this i don't think that sim is too good but yeah might help you abit.

karizzma

Dudley vs Sim is nothing compared to Sim vs Hakan...

xpunch

hakan vs any1 pretty much sucks for hakan lol

Lennysaurus

Holy shit.. thats like the most Ive ever seen Jay post!!!

xpunch

i hate Sim that much thats why lolz  :P

nah iv been trying to learn Sim just to see what I can do against him with Dudley, i like sim tho, he's fun as to play with but i don't know how to fight against Abel i just get fully owned.

Lennysaurus

8)
Quote from: xpunch on June 23, 2010, 06:00:38 PM
i hate Sim that much thats why lolz  :P

nah iv been trying to learn Sim just to see what I can do against him with Dudley, i like sim tho, he's fun as to play with but i don't know how to fight against Abel i just get fully owned.

Sim is a bitch to learn tbh.  I spent months getting fucking reamed till i managed to get decent with him.  He needs heaps of matchup knowledge to use well, and you have to get to know the SFIV system well with him too.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

The best general advice for playing an aggressive character, or a character who relies a lot on mixups is dont be afraid to sacrifice health and damage for information. Try your various setups but instead of trying to land the big damage, stop and block for a bit and see how he is reacting. Is he mashing uppercut? Is he mashing throw? Is he just trying to block?

Even if you lose the first round, youre going into the second round knowing exactly how he is going to try to counter you, so you are able to take measures to break his defenses.

Its exactly like baiting a wakeup DP, but youre applying the principle to the rest of your game as well. It turns say, a 50/50 guessing game into one thats stacked a lot more heavily in your own favour, since youre not actually guessing at all. If you KNOW what your opponent is going to do next, you win the game.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

Dudley's jumping HK beats Sim's knee at certain distances.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: CrazyMobius on June 24, 2010, 03:16:11 PM
Dudley's jumping HK beats Sim's knee at certain distances.

Yeah i wouldn't rely on that though.  I know that when I play Jay and I see him jumping in at that range I just change which anti air i use.  Believe it or not, standing feirce beats all of dudleys far jumpins for free, and st roundhouse does the rest.

xpunch

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on June 24, 2010, 03:36:30 PM
Yeah i wouldn't rely on that though.  I know that when I play Jay and I see him jumping in at that range I just change which anti air i use.  Believe it or not, standing feirce beats all of dudleys far jumpins for free, and st roundhouse does the rest.

B
        I
               N
                       G
                               O

and bingo was his name O

Dudley's J.HK gets owned by sim's AA options
Iv tried, sims an arsehole like sakura's AA and rogs AA bolo  ;D ;D