• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Megatel DL Speed 1mb & 0.5 uL!! slow to stream Youtubes!

Started by nztauranga, April 26, 2010, 09:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nztauranga

Hmmm..bit of a let down at the moment with streaming youtube vids as its taking a while to download streams on Youtube...after 6pm during weekdays, but gaming its seems to run smoothly with in Nz but my ping is is 80ms Nz and Oz. Ive had better with Xtra and Xnet of 5mb Dl and 3mb ul, streaming not as bad... maybe its the black ethernet cable cat.6 im using lol??
-work to live not live to work-><>

Skullator

Cat6 is overkill for an internet cable lol, doing a better job than cat5 or 5e though.
Ethernet cords will either work or not work. Not "work slowly"

I would place the blame on the ISP

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

yeah no point your ethernety cable being cat6 unless everyother jack in the house and to the incoming line is also in cat6 .

we put cat6 in office blocks that are fully run in cat6  , cat5 at homes which is more than adequit with unless theyre hardout and wanna pay heaps more for cat6 .
definately your isp tho .

lets hope vector gets the contract to put fibre all the way from the road to our doors instead of telecom who wanna run fibre and the just copper to your house .
go vector !!!!!!!!!!
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

fluxcore

I have the same problem with youtube/streams... awesome in the morning, terrible in the evening. It's pretty much just the ISP can't cope with all the usage at peak times. Or it could be more local... it's possible your exchange gets overloaded at those times. I know here in Hamilton East there are loads of students whoring the internet all the time and we're one of the most loaded exchanges in Hamilton.

If anyone finds an awesome ISP that's great for gaming and ALSO can stream/youtube fine 24/7, give us a yell.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

electric

Quote from: fluxcore on April 27, 2010, 08:31:22 AM
If anyone finds an awesome ISP that's great for gaming and ALSO can stream/youtube fine 24/7, give us a yell.

Youtube performance should be noticeably better within the next week or two, as Telstra Clear start putting in local Google caches - so that should hopefully alleviate most of the international bandwidth usage, making everything else a tad quicker :)
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

nztauranga

oK problem sorted...it was the landline plugged into the jack without a splitter, somehow it caused interruption with my broadband, I had a faulty phone line wire from splitter to phone and tryed another ph line wire from spliiter to phone, so everythings up and running smoothly 8mb DL and 0.8 ul , which is suitable for me. Go Go Gadget!

zos'la

what plan r u on.... fs/fs?

im getting over 10 mb dl and 1 mb ul
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

nztauranga

megatel max dl and 0.8 ul 20gb ultra plan, highest plan with Megatel $104p/month phone line and  broadband