• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

PLease help meee!!!!

Started by [NIUE] weazzyefff, April 27, 2010, 12:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rorooze

Quote from: weazzyefff on April 27, 2010, 09:20:07 PM
Yeah lucky , I got bourbon stains and ash all over that mother fucker. Thats how you can tell it's mine, fuck name tagging shit. Better clean it first.

I just cant afford to pay for it myself ay, broke ass student. And i could get a brand new PS3 for $300 and it cost $315 to fix. Why would the CGA be a rant , you sound like a pig, "ahhh rights, who needs rights".

Warranty's are just for ripping cunts off, they should just hand you a CGA handout for free. Oh yeah and even those CGA cunts are greedy too, you have to pay to be a member. And only members get advice and shit like that. Lucky it had YLOD in the replies    http://www.consumer.org.nz/reports/consumer-guarantees-act/comments/785#comment-785

IMO you're definitely in the right, directly from the CGA in Section 6 we have the following:

"Subject to section 41 of this Act, where goods are supplied to a consumer there is a guarantee that the goods are of acceptable quality. Where the goods fail to comply with the guarantee in this section -
(a) Part 2 of this Act may give the consumer a right of redress against the supplier; and
(b) Part 3 of this Act may give the consumer a right of redress against the manufacturer."

So that says if the goods aren't of an acceptable quality then you can go back to the supplier (JBHIFI) or the manufacturer (SONY).

Next we need to consider the definition of "Acceptable Quality", from Section 7, Clause 4a:

"Goods will not fail to comply with the guarantee of acceptable quality if - (a) The goods have been used in a manner, or to an extent which is inconsistent with the manner or extent of use that a reasonable consumer would expect to obtain from the goods"

Essentially that says if you used your PS3 for playing games, and it yellow lights within say, 21 months, then the product isn't of an acceptable quality, because a reasonable consumer could expect that the PS3 would last at least 3+ years.

Once you get past that you can either tell JBHIFI to fix it, if they don't, you can send it for repairs then claim the costs through court, or you can chase the manufacturer. If you do take the court option, I'd suggest writing down notes and dates of every conversation you have with Sony/JBHifi from now on. You could also go to the citizens advice buereu and see what you're rights are, since I am simplifying things to suit your argument :P

About consumer.org.nz, it's just a company that sells information and not the people that made the CGA. Good advice/information costs, nothings free :p

Oh yeah, the people you go to have the choice of repairing the defect, replacing the unit or giving you your money back, it's not your decision to make in the first instance!

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yeah shot for taking an interest bro.

Yeah it says that if it's a Major fault, then you can reject the goods. And this is the example in the CGA -

"I bought a spatula from your shop
on 1 April. After using it three or four
times the handle came off and some very
nasty glue fragments fell into my
béchamel sauce. On 14 April I returned
to your shop and requested a refund of
the purchase price. You offered to repair
the spatula by gluing it back together.
Under the Consumer Guarantees Act a
consumer is entitled to reject goods and
claim a refund when goods are not of
acceptable quality due to a serious fault.
I believe this fault is serious and I do not
accept that the fault would be remedied
by reâ€"gluing. Please contact me to
arrange a refund." ( page 37 )

Lol at that serious fault. I think the YLOD is a serious fault due to all the people complaining in numerous forums and about the fix not even being permanent - shitload's of these is which gave me the idea to go straight to the refund. Also the replacement is a secondhand refurbished unit. Fuck that shit nigga, give me a brand new replacement.

We just need hard proof that their ' fix ' is not permanent. Even without that i reckon its a fucking H-Bomb of a Major fault. I mean it takes them freaking ages to repair and most of the time if not all, it happens again.

Fuck it though, i'll just get a replacement for now, feinding for some SSF4. And if that breaks then i should badly get a refund without even taking them to the disputes tribunal.

Fuck theirs an awesome read in that book though ay bro, I just downloaded it seeing as those consumer.org guys are greedy lol. And yeah Citizens Advice tell you the same thing bro, but for freeee lol.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: stereomonkey on April 29, 2010, 11:45:22 PM
xbox next time yo.

wow that's dry bro.....

edit: Matter of fact, does anyone else notice that this mod's a fucking troll. Troll Mod the worst of teh species.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

stereomonkey

just a honest opinion bro. nothing else than that.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: stereomonkey on April 30, 2010, 06:06:32 PM
just a honest opinion bro. nothing else than that.
Lol nah yeah allgood bro. xbots is wayyy better service than Sony, that's for sure. I heard good things about them. Accepting the faults and fixing it for free no questions asked.

This is just a guess but I think it might have something to do with all the RROD units flooding in. They might of just taken the whole Disputes Tribunals court hearings for the rest of  the decade if they didn't just accept their faults.

signature-

DRUG LIFE, HORSE LIFE, CRIMZ UP , CHINZ UP