• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

PLease help meee!!!!

Started by [NIUE] weazzyefff, April 27, 2010, 12:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Gidday guys.

My PS3 has got the YLOD and according to the CGA (consumers guarantee act) I should still be covered. SEE! http://www.consumer.org.nz/reports/consumer-guarantees-act/comments/785#comment-785

I called the JBHI guy and he was being a fucking ass licking homo. Kept butting in , laughed at me at times, and was pretty much just trying to stir me up. He ended up hangin up on me when i was quoting all that CGA stuff, what a fag! So i wrote a letter to target explaining my story and shit.

So yeah those consumer guys are right ay? And that JB HI FI guy was wrong ay? Any ideas on what else i can do? Besides spending my drinking money of course, unless it's for SSf4.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

You probably are still covered, but JB HI FI is the retailer. Your issue isnt with them, its with the manufacturer. You need to contact Sony about it id say.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

but find out who that guy at jb was anyway and punch him.

electric

Quote from: ILL_BILL on April 27, 2010, 01:02:59 PM
You probably are still covered, but JB HI FI is the retailer. Your issue isnt with them, its with the manufacturer. You need to contact Sony about it id say.

From the CGA that Weazzy linked to, this broad says:

You will need to contact the retailer (not your extended warranty provider) to get them to honour their obligations under the Consumer Guarantees Act.

It’s the retailers responsibility, not the manufacturers, to give you a refund, repair or replace the goods.

I'd say you're well within your rights to head up there with your busted PS3 and cause a scene.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: samurai black on April 27, 2010, 01:08:09 PM
but find out who that guy at jb was anyway and punch him.
Yeah bro hard ay. I was trying to sound all geeky and shit and was fighting the urge to go all gangsta on his bitch ass.

He rang back and without an apology said he'll send it to Sony but if it was my fault it cut out i'll have to pay for it. A bit dodgy after the way he was speaking to me before, he'll probably break  it and shit. Not letting that fagnut near it yo.

Contacted Sony and this bitch was spitting all these big words at me, so i spit some big copy/paste shit from that link and she's getting someone to call me back in the next 72 hours. I gotta put these ma fukaz on my hit list for sure.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

xpunch

sounds like your in the right bro. if it was me il roll up to jb with the consumer rights and with my angriest angry attitude and roll those bitches lol. thats what you should do.

my 360 got red ringed one night and i sent it out to aus the next day free of charge, i don't know whats going on with sony tho.

stereomonkey

Wow, yeah I must say at least Microsoft are happy to help being as it is a malfunction with their hardware.

I don't understand how JB HI FI should be legally obligated to fix the problem.  Also CGA seems like a "if something ever happens, I can bitch to you about CGA and you have to fix it" rant.  And even if you have run out of your warranty and it's playing up we get to blame the retailers for it and not the manufactures that make the damn thing.  "Sony's product fucked up so I want you to fix it because you sold it to me and I have no warranty but I have CGA!"

Sounds like you can do this on everything if it wasn't you who caused the fault.  Just seems fucking retarded.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Lennysaurus

The CGA only covers stuff within what is deemed an acceptable amount of time for a product given that it has been used in an acceptable manner.

Each item is generally considered on a case by case basis, but there is already case law around gaming consoles that is about 5 years the last time I checked (which I admit was a while ago)..

Taking your PS3 there and saying "I spilled grape drank all up on this mother, now fix it bitch!" will not get you very far.

Be wary Weazzey.  If they find bourbon stains on it you are likely to be getting a bill.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

stereomonkey

I understand that, but shouldn't it be effecting the manufacturer instead of the retailer.  I would find it quite shit if I had my own store, received consoles from a manufacturer, sold them and thhen get the blame for faults on that console and end up paying out of my own pocket to fix someone elses mistake.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: stereomonkey on April 27, 2010, 07:15:19 PM
I understand that, but shouldn't it be effecting the manufacturer instead of the retailer.  I would find it quite shit if I had my own store, received consoles from a manufacturer, sold them and thhen get the blame for faults on that console and end up paying out of my own pocket to fix someone elses mistake.

I think the idea is that it is up to the store to query the supplier when issues like this come up.  Also it is likely that Sony have an agreement with retailers to fix this sort of stuff (hence the give us your console and we will send it away to be repaired arrangement).  In the long run, they probably make a shit ton more money out of the sales than they ever would from the consoles coming back that have failed.  This is probably all factored into the pricing and overheads of the store long before any of this happens.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

stereomonkey

Again, I find this stupid and I don't understand why you would need a warranty when you have 5 years of CGA agreement under your console.

JoeKage

Go Gangsta on that Ass yo. ALL HOOD  ;)

but damn, I feel yo pain  :'(
Sage of the 6 Paths

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yeah lucky , I got bourbon stains and ash all over that mother fucker. Thats how you can tell it's mine, fuck name tagging shit. Better clean it first.

I just cant afford to pay for it myself ay, broke ass student. And i could get a brand new PS3 for $300 and it cost $315 to fix. Why would the CGA be a rant , you sound like a pig, "ahhh rights, who needs rights".

Warranty's are just for ripping cunts off, they should just hand you a CGA handout for free. Oh yeah and even those CGA cunts are greedy too, you have to pay to be a member. And only members get advice and shit like that. Lucky it had YLOD in the replies    http://www.consumer.org.nz/reports/consumer-guarantees-act/comments/785#comment-785

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Here's a good read. http://forums.nzgamer.com/lofiversion/index.php/t12638.html

Mine broke exactly at 21 months as well. I just got off the phone with a Sony representative from Australia. He asked me how long was the purchase and i said "roughly 18 months". He said he could repair it for free but he needs a confirmed date of purchase, so I went through my records and it's actually 21 months just like this dude.

I rang back and left him a message but I'm sure he's gonna say sorry but that was too long ago. Just like this dude, only thing is, it sounds like a mission taking JB to court for this shit. He recommends taking the retailer as Sony's office is in Aus and the aren't aware of NZ law.

Yah warranties are for retards alright, computers are 5 years and DVD's are 8 yrs, buzzy shit.

edit: Wholly shit this i didn't know - By law retailers have to hold receipts for up to 7 yrs lmfao. I've ben talking to this JB HI FI manager who says he's been working in the retail industry for years, and i've learnt more than him in a couple of days on fucking google. This guy certainly is a prick and now i'm really keen on getting JB HI FI the $200,000 fine for breech of the Fair Trading Act. Just so they fire his ass. Feel sorry for the company getting such a fine cos one dickhead.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yeah JB HI FI AND Sony are being dicks totally ignoring the consumer guarantee act.

Looks like i'm taking JB HI FI to court to get a full refund of the price paid which comes to $1100. Enough for a 250gb PS3 slim and a SSF4 TE stick. What a fucking pain in the ass, i gotta go through this whole fucking process which is equivalent or greater than an assignment which is what I really should be doing.

Oh well if they fuck me i'ma fuck them a million times over. I wont stop till these cunts are punished. I'm going to try get them the phat fucken $200,000 fine they fucking deserve.