• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Yo!

Started by Kwaber, May 05, 2010, 12:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kwaber

What's up people?

I'm an 18 year old black british student (I moved here from England a few years a go) currently living in Wellington. Been into street fighter casually since birth, but only really picked it up seriously before the release of SF4 Vanilla. I used to play a lot of marvel vs capcom and stuff but played all the major street fighters to some extent.

Anyway, so I picked up my copy of SSF4 on release, started playing some games and eventually bumped into xpunch. He whooped me pretty hard, but we played some endless battles and it was funny. Eventually he sent me a friend request and a link to here, so I check it out and it looks to be something I'd really be interested in!

I main Ryu, and I'm ashamed to admit I don't have an arcade stick yet...

If anyone could point me in the direction of a good arcade stick for Xbox 360  from between 100 and 250 NZD, that would be good. I know there's a whole forum dedicated to that, but I'm a bit confused to what I should be looking for in this regard.

Anyway, cheers guys.

Lennysaurus

Welcome to the forum dude!

Add me and we can get some games in!  Also if you are new and wanting to learn some stuff, get yourself an XBOX360 mic and sigbn up to the Mentor/Apprentice thread in the XBO360 section.

Check these out from playasia if you are wanting a stick, shippng will likely be at least 70 or 80 dollars for the larger ones so keep that in mind.

The following is a great entry level joystick that is within your budget.  $171-00 plus $52-00 for shipping.  And they are easily upgradable with sanway parts when you have the money to be able to do that.
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dd-49-en-70-37j7.html

If you can somehow put together $330 to $350 bucks you can get the top of the line Madcatz TE Fightstick.  Which is pretty much the rolls Royce of joysticks. 

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Kwaber

Thanks for the welcome. That looks great mate, I'll probably look into ordering that stick!

Mentoring program also sounds good brah.

B BOY DRAW2

Quote from: Kwaber on May 05, 2010, 12:35:05 AM...bumped into xpunch. He whooped me pretty hard...

Shee-it...this sounds familiar... :-\

Welcome Kwaber!!!...don't worry...I'm downloading xPunch's Dudley for us   :P
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

xpunch

hey Kwaber welcome to the site bro. good to see you up on the forums, only about 2/10 ppl join after i give them the link to this site ;D ggs for the other day too.

Rorooze

Oh hey Kwaber, I noticed your name from the other night! Good to see some new guys coming here with the release of SSF4, no doubt we'll have some more games in the future :D