• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Street Fighter: Legacy

Started by fluxcore, May 07, 2010, 05:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

samurai black

maelgrim

Nice, a bazillion times better than every actual SF / MK film done to date.
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

budafist

better? yes
good? not really. but full credit for effort.

Im starting to think that Street Fighter can never be faithfully done in real life.
I mean you imagine it being cool in your head, but once its on film it just doesnt work.

I'd love to see a well done 3D movie - along the lines of Appleseed ex-machina.
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

redtie

I waited for my capped internet to restart to watch this. Boo

DVS

Quote from: budafist on May 07, 2010, 10:23:51 PM
better? yes
good? not really. but full credit for effort.

Im starting to think that Street Fighter can never be faithfully done in real life.
I mean you imagine it being cool in your head, but once its on film it just doesnt work.

I'd love to see a well done 3D movie - along the lines of Appleseed ex-machina.

Agreed.....would have to be done really well to work.....maybe something along the lines of the cut scenes in SSF4.....this isn't a bad effort...but Ryu looks like a little kid and Ken looks like Barbara Strisan....which I guess is good casting because his SF2 portriat looks exactly like that.... :P

Hard to beat the awesomeness of the original animated SF2 movie....Chung Li shower scene...nuff said.....
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

stereomonkey

I finally got some time to watch it and I think it was really well done.  Ken's actor looks alright plus he was able to perform moves too so that was a bonus.  I have to agree about Ryu's actor, it would be fucking hard to cast someone perfect for him because he is a weird looking fella and his character portrait/design changes slightly every game he is in.

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

fluxcore

I respected Ken's eyebrows for one
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

samurai black

i did like how they had kens knee bash in there. roos donkey kick and parry were in there too yeah? nice that they incorporated recognisable moves into the fights, just like the original sf4 trailer.

the only thing i dont like about it is the kick at the end :/

CrazyMobius

The Ken guy looks a bit like the bangy Ken guy from Yifans.

xpunch

I like it, just coz the fighting is what's most important in a street fighter film and yeah Bison vs Van Dam scene has nothing on this lol.

UFC fighter Lyoto Machida would make a good ryu. lol

budafist

holy shit it IS Ryu!

I think the actors in legacy arent buff enough. they need rediculous shoulders and extreme vascilarity.

I always thought Brandon Lee woulda been a good Ryu.

but he's dead :(

Also Tong Po from kick boxer woulda been a mean sagat. (back in the day)
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

pookychoo

considering its fan made that seemed pretty good