• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Good deals on HRAP-SE and SA's @ Firstgames!

Started by rugdoctor, May 10, 2010, 01:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Barnstorm on May 17, 2010, 04:53:17 PM
How do these compare with
Madcatz TE
Hori tekken 5 sticks (my t5 buttons started dropping input after 6-12 months and whats the stick feel like compared to most horis?)

Ive got both, and have used all the HRAP sticks alot in the past.

THe T5 sticks have inferior buttons, so you definitely notice the difference moving to sanwa/seimitsu quality.

IMO in terms of actually using the sticks, TE and HRAPS are very comparable.  The only prob youre gonna have with the HRAP is if you are some sort of retarded masher, and might hit the start select on the HRAP.

Also the HRAP-SE/SA have a light advantage over the regular HRAP in that they can be opened up much easier.  THey just unscrew from the top easy peasy, whereas with my HRAP3 I have to unscrew it from the botttom, and stuff around with tiny nuts that my big oaf hands arent used to dealing with. (Because the nuts I usually deal with are fucking HUGE!!! ahahaah see what I did there?).

I like the TE best for a couple of reasons, first being that they have the nifty compartment for the cord which is awesome.  I have my cord, an alan key, and a little screw driver all packed into my cord compartment now so that I can open my stick and fix stuff on the spot.  I also have extra buttons stashed away inside tthe compartment of my stick in case i need to change them out.  Also I like the footprint of the TE slightly better, although tbh the HRAP footprint is fine and most will notice little or no difference.  The only other reason is that the XBOX HRAPS have the mic port in a retarded place, so if you dont have a wireless mic, be prepared to struggle with that.

um... all I can think of atm.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness