• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Good deals on HRAP-SE and SA's @ Firstgames!

Started by rugdoctor, May 10, 2010, 01:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rugdoctor

Done the maths this morning, definitely good buys in my books:

HRAP-SA (PS3) http://www.firstgames.co.nz/shop/playstation_3/hori-real-arcade-pro-stick3spe (need to update info...bout the components tho)

HRAP-SE (XBOX360) http://www.firstgames.co.nz/shop/xbox360/hori-real-arcade-pro-ex-se-for

Both set at $250 per pop... wonder if they can do discount if we all bulk buy..hmmmm...
All your sticks belong to me!

rugdoctor

I think these are the "special editions" where they took out the hori stocks and chuck in sanwa/seimitsu components, including matching the stick to the buttons (i.e. all sanwa or all seimitsu). Plus the top plate is readily accessible rather than monkeying about the bottom plate and unscrewing bolts.

electric

HRAP-SA = Sanwa stick and Sanwa buttons
HRAP-SE = Seimitsu stick and Seimitsu buttons
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[8-----D] Toots

:o

Oh god the hrap se is like one off my favouritess sticks in the world. Better get some money together

Kwaber

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Nice. You wont regret it. And its a really good price too.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

karizzma

Just bought mine. Can't wait to start playing on the xbox with no pad!!!

Kwaber

Got it today. I'm useless with it :(. I'll have to run some training drills.

fluxcore

Oh yeah, will take a while to get used to a stick if you haven't really used one before.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

karizzma

Can I mod this stick pretty easily? and how hard would it be to change the artwork on it?

[8-----D] Toots

Make sure you learn to hold the joystick properly. It'll make it hard in the long run if you use an unorthodox grip.

Quote from: karizzma on May 12, 2010, 05:01:10 PM
Can I mod this stick pretty easily? and how hard would it be to change the artwork on it?

Changing the stick and buttons should be pretty easy. Putting new artwork on will be somewhat difficult. Your best bet would be to order some plexi from arthong although I don't know if he still does it.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

rugdoctor

Anyone experience a bit of packaging damage on their hrap-se's? Damn HORI for skimping on the packaging I say!

Barnstorm

How do these compare with
Madcatz TE
Hori tekken 5 sticks (my t5 buttons started dropping input after 6-12 months and whats the stick feel like compared to most horis?)