• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Giga SSFIV BiWeekly Ranbats!!! Next one Friday August the 13th 2010

Started by Lennysaurus, May 11, 2010, 10:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

Hey guys,

Just to let you all know.  There are four more Ranking Battle sessions left for this season.  They are as follows:

July 2nd
July 16th
July 30th
August 13th

Remember the top placer in this seasons ranking battle will get a qualifying spot at our national tournament.

It's been loads of fun, and it's great seeing new faces, and seeing people level up there game.  Every session I see people, and I get a big kick out of improving my own game.

Next ranbats can't come soon enough!!!  GET HYPE!!

EDIT: Also I stuffed up the bracket slightly at the start, and was lucky with the outcome of one of the matches which put everything right.  I want to just make sure to thank Mason and Jay(Security) for being patient and understanding with my error.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Out of interest (pretty sure ive asked this already, but being awesome i have already forgotten the answer) Will the overall results of the ranbats affect the seeding outside of the final 16?

Like, obviously the top person gets a qualifying spot IN said top 16, but will the people 2nd to lets say 5th end up being seeded in the general tournament?

Obviously this is kinda biased towards Aucklanders, which is pretty stink for the rest of the country, but realistically it DOES kind of make sense.

And how about results for stuff elsewhere? Ie. the south island shit that Marc is taking care of?

Im just curious.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

Yeah and are you gonna use xlan again to help with seeding? Shot Lenny.

Lennysaurus

Ranbat this Friday!!! GET HYPE!

Also ranbats will be a single elim this week.  Afterwards we will use the remining time to do casuals on the lagless setup/setups.  Ill put everybodys name in a hat and draw two names.  THose two people will play each other in a first to 3 round game and then there names will not be placed back into the hat.

Once everyone has played, the names go back into the hat and we do it again until we have used up all our time.

all good?

karizzma

Sounds good to me. I might actually make it out this time lol. KFC anyone?

Skullator

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on June 30, 2010, 10:15:10 AM

Also ranbats will be a single elim this week.  Afterwards we will use the remining time to do casuals on the lagless setup/setups.  Ill put everybodys name in a hat and draw two names.  THose two people will play each other in a first to 3 round game and then there names will not be placed back into the hat.

Once everyone has played, the names go back into the hat and we do it again until we have used up all our time.

all good?

Sounds like a real good idea to me.

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on June 30, 2010, 10:15:10 AM

all good?

8)

CrazyMobius

Can't make it to this one probably. But will try to make the next one. Would it be possible to have a 3S setup again? I'm wanting to brush up on my Sklls.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

karizzma

Lennysaurus

Hey guys,

Unfortunately I havent got enough room in my bag to bring my xbox today as I have to take a ton of shit to work today.  If anyone else is able to bring an xbox it woyuld help out alot.

Thanks.

Rorooze

Sweet, I'll bring mine + stick since I gotta pop home after work before I go to Giga anyway. Did you remember VGA cables?

massi4h

karizzma

massi4h

Not too sure maybe 6ish. Also yeah definitely bringing my xbox and TE. On the bus :/